How can I attract better players to Zenit St Petersburg?

Hello my friends, I have won russian league now with Zenit 2 years in a row but can only ever buy players from the russian league? I was wondering if it is ever possible to attract big name players to russian league or not because if not i think i am just wasting my time in russia and might as well leave if i cant make Zenit the best team in the world. icon_frown.gif Thanks.

Hello my friends, I have won russian league now with Zenit 2 years in a row but can only ever buy players from the russian league? I was wondering if it is ever possible to attract big name players to russian league or not because if not i think i am just wasting my time in russia and might as well leave if i cant make Zenit the best team in the world. icon_frown.gif Thanks.

Due to the shoddy implementation of permanent league-reputations and advancing of teams*, it's impossible to get Zenit to the "Best club in the World."

It'll be tough to get them to best club in Eastern Europe.

*yes I realise St Petersburg might never be as attractive as Madrid, but if you won the CL 10 seasons in a row you would be able to sign anyone.

VB

As Advocaat, their RL manager just stated after the UEFA Cup win, their supporters won't tolerate any coloured players coming to the club, so that rules out a heck of a lot of talent. To my mind, with that level of racism the club doesn't deserve quality.

Thanks for the replies, I think i will have to raise the reputation of club and league in the editor, some may think this is cheating but i dont think so after Zenits recent UEFA cup win and the growing popularity of Russian Football i think it deserves more on reputation FM. I will also look out for Russias best young players along with Ukraine players too to help me and who knows maybe in a few years i can make them the best team in the world because in europe so far i have done awful in the UEFA Cup and then the UEFA CL i finished bottom of my group!icon_frown.gif Roll on season 3.icon_smile.gif

CSKA Moscow won the UEFA cup 3 years (I think?) ago. How many people, even in the world of football, remember that now or really care in terms of better players suddenly wanting to go and play for CSKA? I know they have had some Brazilians playing for them, but as far as I know they were already there before the UEFA cup win anyway. Strange to me how a Brazilian player would want to go and play in Moscow, but clearly they did, despite the ridiculous climate difference compared to Brazil or even Spain.

Yes glamdring the Russian league is still behind the likes of England, Spain, Germany and Italy for attracting players but it is growing in popularity all the time. This is because of the amount of money that is being put into Russian football which is attracting better players and improving Russian sides in europe.

I don't doubt that - I only doubt that one UEFA cup win will make any significant difference to the way the league as a whole is perceived.

I agree that league reputation should be a fluctuating variable, albeit slowly fluctuating after a prolonged period of success from teams in a league.

The challenge at a club like Zenit though is to achieve the success with those players you can attract. The current real Zenit just won the UEFA cup, beating the red hot favourites Bayern Munich 4-0 along the way so you don't necessarily have to attract the best known players, it is just more difficult to achieve things than it is with a club in one of the "big" leagues.

I guess you are right, maybe it is not impossible for me to make them the best team without buying top players.. it would also be more satisfaction for me if i do manage to make them the best team with just homegrown Russian players.. time to put my management skills to the test icon_wink.gif but i am aware i will need to be patient because i am not going to take them to world beaters just yet. It is challenging enough just to make them the best team in eastern europe since Shakhtar always seem to thrash me everytime we play and are the best team in europe on this game at the moment from this part of the world.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack.browne:

Yeah, as far as im aware CSKA do have a few Brazilian players on the books, i think Vagner Love is one of them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes- Love, Jo, and Daniel Carvalho come to mind.

Oh, and it was 3 years ago but 4 tournaments. (past 3 have been Zenit and Sevilla x2)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

Have you tried beating rangers 2-0 in the UEFA Cup final?

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol i agree :p COME ON CELTIC!!!

Celtic so gonna win SPL icon_smile.gif

isnt that Jo going to everton, looks like they would gladly move from one of the best russian clubs to a mid table premiership club, doesnt say much for the reputation of the russian leagues, anyway i agree the the reputation of leagues should change to give a more interesting long term game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fmfan08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

Have you tried beating rangers 2-0 in the UEFA Cup final?

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol i agree :p COME ON CELTIC!!!

Celtic so gonna win SPL icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Potato picking over for the day lads?

Archived