"Thinks the club should retain the services of a player"

"Thinks the club should retain the services of Petrov"

"Thinks the club should retain the services of Salomon"

"Thinks the club should retain the services of Bonvin"

All my players are saying the above in their personal profiles next to Good Relationships (except the players in question ofcourse)

But all these players mentioned are usually in my starting 11 or at least on the subs bench. But Salomon has been ever-present in my first 11 since the start and I have just played my 12th league game of the season.

Anyone know why this is?

(I am playing FM11 and managing an amateur club - so all players are on amateur contracts).

It means they expect Petrov, Salomon and Bonvin will be offered new contracts. This message appears when their contracts is about to run out.

Ah, well in that case, I cant stop that. They are on Amateur contracts and have to be because Queen's Park dont allow part time or full time contracts. Is there nothing I can do except perhaps offer another amateur contract to them?

yeah its because of the amateur contracts and basically they are worried those players will leave/get poached .. ignore them and pray no-one takes them before you get up the leagues and can offer pro contracts

I can never offer a pro contact - I play as Queen's Park. Apparently they are hard-coded into the game to always stay amateur no matter how much success or how high up the leagues you get.

Archived