blank screen

Delete the skins from the graphics folder.

My Doc - SI - FM08 - Graphics

It should revert to the old skin, if that desn't work then try re-inserting the disc, i've never done it before but it may give a "repair" option as well as a "remove" option (most games do).

If that doesn't work try the data and bugs forum someone there should be able to sort you out, or tell you if you definately have to remove the game completely. Like smoggster says, removing it from add/remove may not be enough because profiles etc will remain.

Basically once you have uninstalled the game you have to go manually to;

My Docs and delete the Si folder.

Programme Files and delete the SI/FM folder.

That way all traces of FM will be deleted from your computer, including the DB etc.

If you have a saved game you want to keep, go to My Docs - Si - FM08 - Saved Games and drag and drop it somewhere else. Then when you have reloaded the game and installed 8.0.2 etc, move it back to the original destination. That way you won't have to start from scratch again.

Originally posted by Aldokemp(H):

dont delete the data folder only delete the graphics folder

If he has removed the game, then he needs to remove the data folder, otherwise if he reinstalls it may still have the same problem embedded in it.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

Basically once you have uninstalled the game you have to go manually to;

My Docs and delete the Si folder.

Programme Files and delete the SI/FM folder.

That way all traces of FM will be deleted from your computer, including the DB etc.

If you have a saved game you want to keep, go to My Docs - Si - FM08 - Saved Games and drag and drop it somewhere else. Then when you have reloaded the game and installed 8.0.2 etc, move it back to the original destination. That way you won't have to start from scratch again.

I did exactly this and it worked. Thanks guys for all your help.

And yeah i deleted all folders and files, even the data file just to be sure.

thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aldokemp(H):

dont delete the data folder only delete the graphics folder

If he has removed the game, then he needs to remove the data folder, otherwise if he reinstalls it may still have the same problem embedded in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bad never read it right never noticed he had un-installed the game icon_smile.gif

Archived