PDA

View Full Version : managerial contracts.

hhhonlyfan1984
08-02-2012, 14:18
hi,

is anyone else getting really annoyed by the contract situation when renewing your contract? i never used to mind taking low wages but i have won 20 trophies now (just got the trophy hoarder achievement) been at the club 11 seasons now and my wages are only at 57,000 a week with a world class reputation. i got players on much bigger wages and wondering why this years fm is getting harder to get a decent pay rise. i have tried going for longer contracts and 1 year rolling but even 1 year rolling im only getting offer 1000 a week increase.

im not gonna say this is a bug or anything but wondering what others thought and how they are getting on.

Barside
08-02-2012, 14:33
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296377-12.1.1-Managers-poorly-paid
(http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296377-12.1.1-Managers-poorly-paid)
This is something I noticed in my game, I think it's a bug caused by ever increasing demands on teams to balance the books & the easiest wages to cut are those of the non-playing staff.

It could also have a knock-on effect of speeding up the managerial merry-go-round as it is less expensive to break a managerial contract.

bolulu
08-02-2012, 14:37
I never really push for higher wages because I would much prefer more cash to be available for the club wage roll. Whether or not the two are conected, I have no idea.

MeesterCat
08-02-2012, 14:52
I don't have an answer for that, but personally speaking I'm not really too fussed about my wage. I think all it is really used for is:

- An indication of how much confidence the board has in you.
- A mechanism for calculating compensation if you are offered a job at another club.

Edit: I seem to be possibly bucking the trend in my current save as I'm 2nd season with Pompey in the Premiership and my wage is 25,000 - higher than all but one of my players.

hhhonlyfan1984
08-02-2012, 16:13
i dont personally care about it too much just annoying me as i love the realism but considering 20 trophies in 11 seasons so far including the champions league twice, europa cup once , 4 prem titles, 5 fa cups, 8 league cups ontop on the numerous world club champions, community shields etc etc. world class rep on 57k a week its no wonder im getting every top job offered at 3 times me wage but as i wanted a long term lower league bottom to top challenge i refuse them.

Kenco
08-02-2012, 16:17
I manage my team for the love of the game and the passion I have for my club. Wages are irrelevant to me!

RichieVilla
08-02-2012, 23:15
I havent got as far into the game as you so maybe im not at the cap yet, but i have never had any trouble getting a pay rise, i usually only sign contracts in 2 year increments and have generally got around 25% wage increase on each contract, this has happened at Chelsea, Aston Villa and Hearts

hhhonlyfan1984
09-02-2012, 01:55
richie i never ever had an issue but seems to be a ceiling or known bug now with the link posted earlier