Jupiler League and beyond...

kris0710

dbbadge.png

I sit here, 9th October 2011 about to take my first press conference with the media. Its my first job, i have gone from a Sunday League player with FC Sparks in the Northamptionshire Conference to manager of Jupiler League's 17th placed side FC Den Bosch.

Want a start i have ahead of me, away to 4th placed Go Ahead and a home tie with bottom side Telstar before the easy challenge of Ajax at home in the Dutch Cup 3rd round. 5 defeats in the last eight left chairman Leo Markensteyn with no choce but to fire Alfons Groenendijk after just over a year in charge.

Expectation will be to move up the table and being just seven points off the play-offs means we have hope of a decent season if things click quickly. A side with few honours, just four Jupiler titles in the history (1971, 1999, 2001 and 2004) and Dutch Cup runners-up in 1991.

I have had little time to look in depth at my squad but i feel the players i have can do a job although there is a lack of strength in depth which could be a problem. I have a wage budget of around £22k per week and the club are currently spending £18k so i have a little room to bring in new players.

We have an average age of 22.28 years which fills me with hope we can build over the next couple of years and according to the 'stat men' my squad have the best average workrate (12.2) and second best teamwork (11.4) stats. This bodes well for the next few weeks and moving forward.

Verder en naar omhoog is het doel, kan wij allen van succes samen genieten.

Archived