Percentage Wage Rises

Tried doing a search for this but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what happens if you have for example 'Yearly Wage Rise', 'Promotion Wage Rise' and 'Top Division Promotion Wage Rise' in a players contract and you get promoted to the top division - are all of these raises applied?

Similarly, if you are relegated and have both relegation decrease and relegation from top division decrease? Or, even just yearly wage rise and promotion wage rise?

And, what order are they applied in? :lol: Ok, I'm not serious with that one!

Thanks!

Will

In my opinion, the order they are applied is important. Having the 10% applied first and then the 50% it's not the same thing as having the 50% applied first and then the 10%

If, on the other hand the rises are both applied to the initial contract and the amounts are added to give the new contract, then would be something not to serious talk about.

So? How It's Made?

Thanks for giving me something to think about... :)

Just speculatin' here too but I'd guess that all of the clauses should be applied (if triggered of course). Each one is a separate provision of a legal contract and should be activated independently. I'd further speculate that the order of application is unimportant as each clause is applied to the base value of the contract, not an adjusted value after some other clause is activated. Thus, all of the clauses are additive and, taken together, should always result in the same new adjusted value.

As an update t this if anyone is interested...

I just got to the end of the season where I was promoted to the top division. I had a player earning £10k p/w with a 40% top division rise, 40% promotion rise and 20% yearly rise. He now earns £16.75k p/w so it looks as though only the top division and yearly rise were applied -not all three.

In my opinion, the order they are applied is important. Having the 10% applied first and then the 50% it's not the same thing as having the 50% applied first and then the 10%

Actually, it would be the same. For example a player earning £5k per week:

£5k + 50% = £7.5K

£7.5k + 10% = £8.25k

£5K + 10% = £5.5k

£5.5k + 50% = £8.25k

Archived