Precise formation info missing in Tactic analysis screen?

I have an issue with the Tactics Analysis screens, the one where you get an overview of the formations played and tactics faced, and the goals scored / conceded. The formations showed do not list the formations in a precise enough fashion, but list them with the numeric representation.

And the numeric representation is simply not good enough.

- 442: is obvious

- 4231: is this a deep or a high variant? A narrow or a wide variant? cannot tell from this

- 41212: is this a wide or a narrow diamond?

- 41221: is probably the 4-3-3 variant with holding midfield and two CMs, two wingers and a striker; but I can imagine a skewed Brazilian Box variant with one DM holder and one striker withdrawn into AM line.

I don't think I've faced a non-4 at the back except for a straight 3-band 532 for far weaker sides, so I cannot comment on those, but this is just a sample to show how very different formations are represented the same way. And I don't think I can tell, from that screen, which versions are meant there. And this can make a very large difference to the way I interpret this screen. For example, I might interpret a weakness in 41212 as a vulnerability to wing play (reading 41212 as a narrow diamond) whereas in fact, it is a vulnerability to a strong central midfield (as is understandable if a wide diamond is meant).

Am I missing a feature to inspect the actual formation meant or is the tactic analysis screen providing incomplete information, or even worse, wrong information (i.e. lumping wide and narrow diamonds onto the same category)

Archived