Not giving me a database option

hey, i've just downloaded a january update, saved to to a new folder in fm12 called 'editor data'

however when i go on to new game, its not giving me the option to choose database, like that window isn't popping up at all :(

Anyone know how this can be fixed so i can use the update? thanks for any help :thup:

When you start the new game you need to tick the editor data changes box on the small pop up that appears where you select the default database. This will then take you to the screen where you can select your downloaded update.

but i'm not getting a pop up :(

if when you click the 'new game' button it goes straight to nations screen without a window popping up with 12.0 shown.. you need to :

go to D:\Users\<user>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\

and create a folder in there called 'editor data' ....

NF mate.. if he hasnt got an editor data folder it takes you straight to nations instead of popping up that window where you can tick 'change' :)

It might do it if there are no .dbc or .xml documents in that folder too.

SI will not release an updated Database until the next patch expected in 1-3 weeks. So at this point in time all we get the option to choose from is different .xml or .dbc files

NF mate.. if he hasnt got an editor data folder it takes you straight to nations instead of popping up that window where you can tick 'change' :)

In the OP though they say they downloaded an update and put it in a folder they called 'editor data'. I can only assume that the folder has been put in an incorrect location so the game can't read it.

In the OP though they say they downloaded an update and put it in a folder they called 'editor data'. I can only assume that the folder has been put in an incorrect location so the game can't read it.

good point.. probably made the folder in the wrong place

The OP correctly put everything in the right place imo. They have just left the change box empty when they need to tick it. If the OP does that it'll go to the change screen and then it's good to go. Have a look at the screenshot they provided.

The screen shot was from me, trying to guide the OP! But they said they didn't get that pop up box to even have the chance to tick the box, which is why I think the folder is in the wrong location. Although I'm guessing that as they haven't been on this thread for 2 days, that they have sorted the problem.

Hi guys,

I have the exact same problem. The pop-up doesn't even show up. I can assure you that there are .xml files and .dbc files in the correctly named folder in the correct place on my hard drive. This same thing happened to my FM2011 game last year and I can't remember what I did to sort it. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

I've figured it out lads... I also downloaded a badge pack that was taken from an FM11 pack - this had changed the preferences to use the folder from FM11 as the go-to folder location. Switched it back to FM2012 now and all is right. Maybe this was the other guys problem.

Archived