Fired after club was bought

WTH!!

I am in my second season with Reading, doing really well in the PL, so my job status is untouchable. Then the club gets taken over and I get replaced. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

How can this be for real?! I could understand if the performance of the team was bad... but it just is not at all.

This happened to anyone else?

Happened to somebody within the last week on here I think. I think it was an Arsenal save the fella was playing. Debatable as to whether it's a bug or not as sometimes IRL some managers who are seemingly doing a great job do get sacked if a new owner takes over and has different ideas on what they want to do with the club. Fortunately hasn't happened to me before, but I would be miffed if it ever did. There really should be an option for players to tick a box or something when starting a game to remove the possibility of these 'sugar daddies' taking over and immediately sacking you. That sort of thing can completely ruin a game, whether it's a short one or a long career game.

Not happened to me sofar, when I have been at clubs that have been taken over there has been talk about new managers from the new chairman and that I will get informed. Usually ends in a surprised by the big support from the rest of the club or something like that.

When this happens to me (and it has happened before) I just retiire and then re-add my self back into the game with the club I was just sacked from. The game doesn't seem to realise that its me and just continues as normal.

I got this and survived.

I took over Wrexham in November 2011, and almost right away the club was in takeover talks . The new board had announced that they would bring in Tim Flowers as new manager , as soon as they had control.

So begins a two month period where Mr Flowers shows up at every home game to watch us play. It gets reported in a news story each week. The best bit is that he thinks we can become good friends!

In the end the takeover happens at the end of Jan 2012, I get a message from the new chairman saying that because of the support for me in my job, they are going to keep me as manager. It helps that I am on a 12 game winning streak in the league. I got a surviving the takeover achievement as well.

Up yours Tim Flowers!

My only worry is that my board confidence has been reset to when I first took over, they are waiting to see how I do before making any judgement. It may be that they have little patience with me and look to bring in their man as soon as possible.

Archived