"That was a real Jekyll & Hyde performance"

Getting pretty sick of seeing this option now. How do you get your team to play in the 2nd half after a dominant 1st half?

I'm playing using Mr Hough's Rolls Back The Years tactic for a bit of fun so I'm getting some rather unrealistic results and absolutely destroying the league. This results in a lot of big scorelines and its quite common for me to be 3 goals up at half time. But whenever my team is 3-0 up at half time it doesn't seem to matter what I say they 2nd half will more often than not be a complete snoozefest invariably finishing 3-1 or maybe 4-1.

Not really a complaint as I'm happy to be winning so often, and occasionally my team does kick on and score 6/7/8 but I just want people's advice on how they manage to avoid the 2nd half slump and the dreaded complacency. I've found the worst thing you can say is that you're happy as that leads to guaranteed complacency but if you tell them not to get complacent then half of them get angry and you usually get complaints after the game about your poor motivation skills from players. Frustrating!

That's rather common in football though, for teams to score less than they did in the first half. It's a change of tactics on the AI's part to combat your tactics. If you change your tactics you'll probably score more.

I usually go from a wide playing style to a narrow playing style, and find I can score just as well.

Archived