Barcelona competing in the Caribbean Football Union Club Championships?

caribean.jpg

Just checking Barcelona's fixtures and saw that they are playing in the Caribbean Football Union Club Championships. Anyone else ever seen this? I am guessing it is a strange bug from adding the league to my game a few seasons in.

There was an issue I think in FM11 when someone entered both the Europa League and Champions League, but this is even weirder. Are you running any edits, or is it a default database with the add/remove leagues function used? Did you add in the Spanish League, whatever the Caribbean nonsense needs to run or both?

I added Spain on it's own in the third season, never loaded any Caribbean leagues. I have xml's for Caribbean leagues at the start but never loaded any, can they still impact on the game if they are never activated?

There was a bug a few years back that, if you set up downloaded leagues wrong, would put teams like Man Utd is the Lancashire Cup or some such. 'Tis likely this is a similar issue.

I do however like how "North East Stars" did better than Celta...:applause:

I don't think the tournament is in the original game, so I guess something has gone funny with the xml loading when it shouldn't. I know that with lower league England database, if not all England-based players are loaded entire clubs are left out and the top rep teams (Man Utd etc) get entered into random leagues and cups. Here, it might have loaded a cup down as international, without the leagues or clubs and put in the top international club to replace them; Barcelona. It would be interesting to see if the Club World Cup is running as normal (as if it is down as international it should have got rid of/replaced that, or you could check in the editor) and if the Caribbean Cup/whatever it is has been running normally since the start of the game - I guess it may have loaded with the Spanish league for some reason.

Archived