Demands money to move?

Happens all the time.

Kewell's wages were paid by parent club.

I always accept this request. It's simple. Cash in on the player, pay some wages. Or don't cash in and continue to pay wages for 5 seasons.

Had Gyan in Sunderland Reserves for 2 seasons. Not a moan out of him, until moving clubs.

Yeah, stop giving them high wages that other clubs can't match :thup:.
Stop overpaying player wages will help.

Well, yeah, but that's not very helpful when you inherit a squad or start the game.

OP, yes, I always have to do this. Even when said player is on less than 50k and I know the other club can afford to pay him. Sometimes it's the difference of 5k.

Yeah these are often inherited players for me. The way I look at it though it is still much better than not being able to move a player on who is not in your plans. If they are players you are signing and it happens frequently then you need to negotiate a bit harder. Locking wages as low as you dare and then sweetening the deal with bonuses should help. If the players wage demand is too high look elsewhere and most of all forget the board, have your own wage structure for key, first team and rotation etc.

I have it sometimes, but only ever with players who are over-paid.

What annoys me is that I have never seen it happen when trying to sign a player who is transfer listed but on overblown wages. It should happen for as well as against you.

I always have a few players that it seems impossible to get shot of, where I would welcome the chance to pay part of their wages for them to leave, & I never get that offer.

Also agree with hluraven, I've never seen this feature in reverse.

This may be a lack of understanding on my part, but does the loyalty bonus play into this at all? i.e. if you've promised your player a loyalty bonus and then sell him on, is the fact you're still paying part of his wages in any way because of that?

As far as i'm aware the loyalty bonus is paid in a lumpsome payment if a player is sold having not asked to be transfer listed. The part of his wages we pay is as compensation for the player having a smaller contract at his new club.

As far as i'm aware the loyalty is paid in a lumpsome payment if a player is sold having not asked to be transfer listed. The part of his wages we pay is as compensation for the player having a smaller contract at his new club.

Indeed, but if the players asks to leave as part of the interaction system, you still pay the loyalty bonus. It is only if they have officially requested a move (ie demanded a transfer rather than just wanting one) that the payment is waived.

The thing is, I have never seen it happen when I've tried to buy a player, they never ask their AI club to pay some of their wage.
I have it sometimes, but only ever with players who are over-paid.

What annoys me is that I have never seen it happen when trying to sign a player who is transfer listed but on overblown wages. It should happen for as well as against you.

I always have a few players that it seems impossible to get shot of, where I would welcome the chance to pay part of their wages for them to leave, & I never get that offer.

Also agree with hluraven, I've never seen this feature in reverse.

Happens both ways, from FM11:

Morimoto.png

Archived