Proceed to match without team talk - please include

Again, totally not paying attention and pressing space bar so many times to get to the next screen.

Just feel this is one of the times where you need to have a STOP in the game and say "Proceed without Team Talk".

It would be nice to have. Not the end of the world. But I could pay more attention when playing and not expect SI to fix all my lethargy.

Anyway - this is something that happens quite often, perhaps with game lag, or just an accidental double click of the space bar, which happens me a lot, with a twitch I can't control in my left thumb, makes it so that I accidently bypass many screens.

It would be nice to have the option.

OMFG!!!

Whilst reading this thread i ACCIDENTALLY clicked 'submit ' thinking it was a continue and now my side is exact same side as a mid week fixture and my players are all on 90-92%.....vs Liverpool as well :(

Despite this, i managed a 2-0 win at Anfield with odds of 4.50 with 10 men.....some tired legs after tho :)

I usually ask the Assistant Manager to take them ... you can set it up so that Ass Man always take them, I think it's in Team Policy. But I don't like that because sometimes I want to say something to them.

I asked the Ass Man before and some players got demotivated, and I was like, ok I'll give a talk to the Defenders, Midfielders, and Attackers to motivate them, and they perked up again.

Definitely made a difference in thrashing Barcelona with my Sunderland team 4-0 in the Champions League Quarter Finals at the Nou Camp.

I'm not sure if it has an effect, but I did notice that the right team talk, the players play out of their skin. And if I am losing at half-time, and I manage to Motivate my captain, the whole team seems to perk up for the 2nd half.

I do have the "Match Day Experience" turned on, and I understand that this goes through several screens, so you have to press <space bar> <space bar> <space bar> <space bar> to get the to the team talk. And one too many <space bar> means I sometimes miss the team talk.

It's like all the lads are getting ready to go out on to the pitch, the biggest match of their lives, and I'm standing in the corner picking my nose.

It would be useful. Just offer the "don't ask me again" option for those that feel it's just another unnecessary extra click.

For me, I have done it a few times and been annoyed - but, I would have ticked the option not to ask me again the first time anyway!

Wouldn't hurt to include it for those who want to confirm each time though.

Wouldn't be a problem for me I reckon - I very rarely never give team talks. One thing I would like to see is an option to change your team talk if you accidentally click the wrong one, or confirm that the team talk you've chosen is the one you wanted to give. I've just got a new laptop and the mousepad is very, very sensitive to the touch, and tapping the scrolling area once also doubles as a left-click. There's been a couple of times I've skipped the team talk because after a great match/performance and p***ed off a load of my players because I haven't said anything to them - but there's no option to change it. :( Again, could be something that comes with a 'don't ask me again' box for those that think it's one click too many.

It's kind of like a thread you started previously, about accidentally changing your captain in a staff meeting, presumably because you'd spent the last five minutes going through scouting reports or pointless items with a space bar and it's one click too many. User error but poor interface.

I've had the issue where the game 'sticks', and you press space bar a couple of extra times and then it flies through and starts the match without a team talk. It would probably need to have a "don't show this option" to it, although that wouldn't be a problem on the single time in 50 you accidentally don't give a team talk.

I had an all in one thread about things I didn't like about the UI - but I think that was a bit heavy and asking a lot of changes in one thread.

I've resigned to opening them on a case by case basis now and eventually hopefully get a better UI because of it. The UI does suck.

My next tirade will be on the Scouting screen - it's so poorly designed and very easy to fix, in my opinion, as they already have much of what is needed in other areas of the game. I'll have to fire up photoshop and get cracking on some examples.

I'm still waiting for them to add buttons to the screen when contracts are set to expire

contracts%20idea.png

[/offtopic]

Well I've offered him a contract - I meant to fade out the whole line - I was using Fireworks but I rarely use that program, I was just trying it out.

Perhaps people not interested would be red - and people interested would be green.

Or a tick mark beside their name when you have offered them a contract.

Back to the original thread.

Archived