New Game setup recommendation (PC specs inside)

Hey Guys,

I want some recommendations for how to setup my new game. It's my first time playing FM2012 (I have played all others in the series though).

I have an i5 processor running at 4.7ghz and 8gb of RAM.

What would you recommend for a setup for a long term game? I want to start with a big club but then I may choose later on to try managing another team. I most likely won't be managing outside of England but I want the game to be as realistic as possible on the international stage and in terms of regens and players and the performance of other leagues in competitions such as the CL etc..

I'm really not sure what to do so would appreciate any advice.

Also does view-only have any performance hit? What exactly does it do?

Thanks!

With slightly lower specs than yours (6gb of RAM, but the very same processor) I've got 22 nations loaded with all their respective leagues and performance has hardly decreased in all the 10 seasons I've played. It could be because I have been adding nations through time (I think I started with just 5) but your PC could run a decent amount of nations smoothly

Your PC is much better than mine and I start with 14 nations loaded with about 18 leagues and after 12 seasons with United my game hasn't slowed down much, if at all.

And I also have players loaded from top division clubs from something like 8 regions with a player count of 85000.

Archived