West Brom 5 - 1 Arsenal !!!

Season opener against the gunners was great! No one gave us a chance to beat them what more thrash them.

It was an end to end match but in the end my West Brom were the more clinical side. We started of very well, scoring the first goal in the 9th minute through Gylfi Sigurðsson effort from the spot. 2nd goal of the match came in the 14th minute. Great counter-attacking move which was started by Gylfi Sigurðsson and ended by Shane Long with a low drive at goal. Arsenal thought they had pulled one back, but to their dismay, Olsson's OG in the 19th minute was ruled offside... 6 minute later, hopes of an Arsenal comeback was quashed by the ever presence Mulumbu with a great half volley in the penalty box. The first half ended 4-0 to west brom. The final goal of the half was none other that the great Gylfi Sigurðsson in the 47th minute.

2nd Half were a less end to end to as I had made changes to the formation. I brought on Scharner to make 4-5-1. He played DM alongside Mulumbu. Arsenal pulled one back in the 68th minute. Guess who scored it? If you have guessed it to be RVP, then you got it wrong! Gylfi Sigurðsson/B] got his hattrick with an Own Goal! :lol: But he made redemption for the OG with a whopping 35 yarder 2 minutes later. The match ended 5-1. YAY!

Screenie of the stats. Arsenal did better overall though!

wba51arsenal.png

Archived