Regens generated every 3-4 years = Stars!!

Year is 2029, I am at Liverpool where i have been for 11 seasons I think.

Last 3-4 years re-gens have been extremely poor, hardly any stars, this is through out the whole game, not just my club.

Just started 2029, in August and my scouts are out and about early as every other year.

Reports are coming back fast full of new re-gen stars!!

I have singed 10 in 3 weeks thus far, and the reports are still coming.

So 3-4 of near nothing, and now this??

Is this normal do you think?

The stars are based upon the player's in those positions in your squad.

I was referring to just STAR players, not the actual star ratings..

My squad has been the same for years, I got a very young squad together and built on that, Average age of squad was 19 when I put the squad together, they are now around 26 and are as good if not better than ever!!

So if you are referring to the possibility of the new re-gens being rated better than my current dquad, well no, there rated roughly the same, but those quality players have not been around for years!!

I was referring to just STAR players, not the actual star ratings..

My squad has been the same for years, I got a very young squad together and built on that, Average age of squad was 19 when I put the squad together, they are now around 26 and are as good if not better than ever!!

So if you are referring to the possibility of the new re-gens being rated better than my current dquad, well no, there rated roughly the same, but those quality players have not been around for years!!

Ahh ok my bad then, it wasn't clear from your post that you actually meant really good players :)

I'm having no trouble in my games finding any stars of the future, the game is swamped with them. There is far too many to sign and give games to each year on my saves.

Maybe your scouts were't actually scouting? Or maybe their knowledge was poor of the area they were scouting?

Ahh ok my bad then, it wasn't clear from your post that you actually meant really good players :)

I'm having no trouble in my games finding any stars of the future, the game is swamped with them. There is far too many to sign and give games to each year on my saves.

Maybe your scouts were't actually scouting? Or maybe their knowledge was poor of the area they were scouting?

I hire the best scouts from each country I want scouted, I set them a task to scout 21 year olds or younger, and leave them in the country, I do the same thing every year.

I also personally check out all the Under comps, and scout several hundred there.

So that is not the issue..

What year are you in your game?

I'm in 2024 and the game is flooded with them every year.

Btw if you're scouting several hundred that could be the reason why, as your scouts won't have time to scout a comp or nation properly. As they'll be busy scouting the players you want them to scout. As I auume you menat you look for players then get scouts to evaluate them?

I'm in 2024 and the game is flooded with them every year.

Btw if you're scouting several hundred that could be the reason why, as your scouts won't have time to scout a comp or nation properly. As they'll be busy scouting the players you want them to scout. As I auume you menat you look for players then get scouts to evaluate them?

That is not how I do it.. I worked that bit out :)

I have 2 scouts for every country I like my re-gens from, 1 of them is always doing his own thing at his own pace. When I do the scouting through the comps, I send the OTHER guy in to do the work.

Once I have done my start of season scout, I then assign the other scout to same assignment as the first scout in same country, if i ever have to use a scout, I always use the second one, my first scouts are never ever interrupted..

It is random. Different in each save, except for the templates and the likelyhood of quality set for each nation. So Brazil will be best and random Micronesian islands will be worst every game, and Brazilian players will often lack Sportsmanship and have high Temperament. You are as likely having 3-4 years of fantastic talent output coming your way...

does anyone know if youth coaches have anything to do with the youth intake?

Reason i ask, in my current save i signed alot of scouts with mostly 20/20 judging ability and potential from all different countries/continents with the hope of attracting the best regens. However all the regens i got were from the country im based in and they all have my youth goalkeeping coach, whose also from the same country im based in, as their faverourite personnel, who has poor judging ability and potential but 20/20 for working with youth/goalkeeping.

should i have signed youth coaches with high judging ability and potential also considered?

does anyone know if youth coaches have anything to do with the youth intake?

As far as I'm aware, youth coaches only have an effect on the development of your regens, once you have them.

Their PAs and starting-CAs are influences by the recruitment network of the club. However 'junior coaching' (maybe that was what you meant) does have an influence on the starting-CAs as well IIRC

Archived