Best way of bringing up youths?

I've got a whole Youth/Reserve team full of gems, have a massive scouting network and always go in early to bring the best young players in.

I've had a player come in at 18, Argentinian CM (Regen) he was class in my U18 team, he wouldn't go on loan anywhere so I let him go for 50k+10M Buy Back Clause, 3 years later I go to him and he's a world class player at 23, I buy him back for £10 Million bargain.

Just wondering, how do you implement youths into your squad? Loaning doesn't seem to help me at all..

Cheers.

Depends on the league.I play in a league that's 2 and a half stars so talented players at 18years are easy to implement.!st year i let them play 90min vs weak teams in the league.2nd year usually they are in my first eleven most of the time.But i don't have a reserve team which i find a setback-it's just how the league is structured.If you have 4 and a half-5 stars for training i suppose you can just leave them play in reserves.

believe me, older players bring something extra to the sqaud, i brought in 4 players aged 32+ to my "avoding relegation" team in our first season at league one. all ex prem players, and in the last 2 months, them players kept me safe and brought in some much needed funding due to their big name, and next seasons sales

Due to economic reason I had to drop most of my players at their prime because they would just require too much money to keep around. I was forced into playing a very young squad and first season after promotion. Lets say that didn't turn out well. Had a decent start to the season but after facing one of the best teams in the league and losing my players never seemed to recover. Went on a 22 game run with only 1 win and a couple of draws, morale was at the bottom and nothing seemed to help. All of a sudden just before January transferwindow my board cleared the debt and gave me 1.3 mill to spend on players. Put pretty much all of it into my wagebudget and signed 3 experienced players, one DC, one GK and one ST, the morale was still terrible even the new players suffered from it but still from the first game they played it was like watching a different team and in just a few games we have climbed free from th relegation zone and is on a pretty good run and morale is getting better and better.

In my experience young players will perform better and develop better if I mix them up with some experienced players. If you can't get a decent feeder club or two I would suggest rotating in your best youngsters as subs and when you play easier games let one or two start. Having a few experienced players with good mentality and personality as tutors is always a bonus when it comes to developing youth.

my oldest player in my squad is 20 so im pushing them to the limit already

I generally prefer younger players but that is insane. Can I ask if they get jaded often as the younger my squad is the more problems I have keeping them in top condition?

OP

Loaning can work but if they are elegible for the under18's I'd leave them there and tutor if necessary. Once they are too old for that put them in the first team squad as back up and make available for reserves but try to use occasionally for 15-20 substitute appearances. If you can loan then do but only if they will be regarded as a "valuable member of the first team".

Due to economic reason I had to drop most of my players at their prime because they would just require too much money to keep around. I was forced into playing a very young squad and first season after promotion. Lets say that didn't turn out well. Had a decent start to the season but after facing one of the best teams in the league and losing my players never seemed to recover. Went on a 22 game run with only 1 win and a couple of draws, morale was at the bottom and nothing seemed to help. All of a sudden just before January transferwindow my board cleared the debt and gave me 1.3 mill to spend on players. Put pretty much all of it into my wagebudget and signed 3 experienced players, one DC, one GK and one ST, the morale was still terrible even the new players suffered from it but still from the first game they played it was like watching a different team and in just a few games we have climbed free from th relegation zone and is on a pretty good run and morale is getting better and better.

In my experience young players will perform better and develop better if I mix them up with some experienced players. If you can't get a decent feeder club or two I would suggest rotating in your best youngsters as subs and when you play easier games let one or two start. Having a few experienced players with good mentality and personality as tutors is always a bonus when it comes to developing youth.

have to agree with you there mate i took my droylsden team from BSN to the prem in around 12 years, however in my second season at league two, we finished 3rd, (1st season there we survived by 5 points) my lead strikers, and 3 other key players where sold off from beneath me. in league one then we struggled bottom by christmas, and the board had already agreed to sell one of my new players for £250,000........ i signed kerion richardson, and some other older guys with prem experience, the team then where in controll, and eased to survival, commercial sales increased, and also i noticed a slight few hundred fans in each home game, not to mention in july you can sell them off for a bit more cash. which allowed me to sign younger "older" players, and one or two better players, and we stormed the league

Managing in the lower leagues is easy for this reason - it's easier to play younger players and find players good enough to play at a lower level.

At a higher level, I find it helps to give them tutoring, either loan them out or give them a start here and there, and check with coach reports to see which attribute needs focusing on next. I always sign younger players and develop them, when I won the Prem with Plymouth, my oldest player was 27.

Archived