More intuitive chairman needed?

Why, if a club is willing to hand their manager £120M, won't the chairman sanction the building of a new stadium, or even an upgrade to their youth system? I don't think that I'm the only one who is annoyed at this seemingly stupid decision. It gets even more annoying when the club in question can't even spend half of the transfer budget because they don't have the required reputation to attract players who would command the higher fees. I feel that, whilst the game is generally moving in the right direction, the board interaction has stagnated in recent years with very little changing or progressing.

Is this something that will be implemented in future iterations of the game?

yea on my man united save this happening i had about 170 million to spend and in the last two windows i spent about 40 million on 5 youth players so wasnt really touching my transfer budget but the man refused to build new training even though it was getting worse and worse

I have had a different experience than you boys, 8th season with preston and the board have been improving the youth facilities year in year when i have asked, had to say it shows a lack of ambition when they turn it down but always see my way after that! Also they have just approved the building of the horribly named "preston stadium" 46k capacity, costing 160m loan thats been taken out! Just keep trying i guess and if they turn you down say it shows a lack of ambition!

I have had a different experience than you boys, 8th season with preston and the board have been improving the youth facilities year in year when i have asked, had to say it shows a lack of ambition when they turn it down but always see my way after that! Also they have just approved the building of the horribly named "preston stadium" 46k capacity, costing 160m loan thats been taken out! Just keep trying i guess and if they turn you down say it shows a lack of ambition!

same here mate, after 9 years playing as derby we moved to a 57k stadium and they extended it like stright after it was built to 65k. same with the upgrades, everry time i ask they grant it, if they do reject which has only been once you just say "Lack of ambition" and they agree, been at the team for 14 years now, get 80million transfer budgets all the time but only like 20-30mil in bank -.-"

same here mate, after 9 years playing as derby we moved to a 57k stadium and they extended it like stright after it was built to 65k. same with the upgrades, everry time i ask they grant it, if they do reject which has only been once you just say "Lack of ambition" and they agree, been at the team for 14 years now, get 80million transfer budgets all the time but only like 20-30mil in bank -.-"

I think while the stadium is being built i will have to be careful how much i spend on players because i dont have a lot in the bank and now got the loan to pay back but once moved i can cover costs, aiming for a 3rd title in a row in the prem! The stadium name is a shocker i thought they might name it after myself being a club legend but if not sir tom finney at least, silly board!

Archived