Injury Bug Strikes Again!

Please please please can we have a patch fixing the ******** injuries that hit players too often?

FOR THE FOURTH SUCCESSIVE GAME, i've brought on my sub striker and he's gone off within 2 minutes of an injury. No he's not injury prone, yes he's had a few injuries this season but this doesn't happen. This is on top of the obligatory enforced first half substitution when someone else gets injured almost every game. I have physios rated '20' for physiotherapy and some of the best coaching available, what's the point in having them if this is to happen every game?

Please forgive this little rant, it's currently snowing and i hate the snow. Mainly because nearly ALL football gets cancelled...

There is no bug, there are actually less injuries than in real life.

I've heard some people say this, and plenty of others say that there are too many. Personally, I've seen FAR too many injuries to be realistic. Think of the games you've watched over the years, think of the team you support: how often do players go off in the first half? And how often do they go off straight after coming on? Four successive games?

Look at the reports on players' profiles.If they say that a player is likely to get injured often then it is normal to get so many injuries.I agree with hluraven...there are less injuries than in RL

There's no mention of him being injury prone anywhere. I checked a few different reports - all say that he doesn't have any real weaknesses. Personally, I find it incredible that some don't think there are enough injuries in the game. Maybe it's just my game but I get so many first half/in game injuries that it sometimes makes me wonder what the point is :confused:

Is he being asked to close down often in his player instructions?

I usually play him as a complete forward so yes he would be set to close down often. I sign strikers to suit positions so at least one of them will be playing as a complete forward during a game but none of them have injuries like this.

Constant injuries can usually be traced back to problems in training. Maybe you're overworking your players, or not working them enough.

I thought of this but my training schedules have generally been similar over the last few versions of FM and I don't remember being as frustrated with injuries as I have on FM12. it averages below heavy but well enough into medium. Physical training is never into heavy and usually sits about halfway through medium. Plus the players are all happy with the schedules I give them.

Having physical training schedules at the midway point seems quite high to me, I tend to cut back on strength & stamina training as the season progresses & by Feb/Mar my players are only doing light fitness work as the demands of competitive football should keep them in good physical condition.

Was expecting that to be a bump about the Newcastle game ;)

That's sods law :) and funny things like this often occur in my case. I was thinking to myself a while ago about how teams on FM score straight after conceding far too often, later that day Danny Graham scores within 60 seconds to regain the lead for Swansea after Arsenal equalise. No sooner do I moan about something does it then happen in real life.

could it just be that your players are getting injured from bad tackles

which forces them to go off in the first half once every couple of games? If they were picking up injuries which they could carry on playing with then I could maybe accept that. Look at the team you support - how often do you see players forced off in the first half? It can happen, not denying that, but not as frequently as this.

EDIT - No less than a minute after posting this, MY START STRIKER IS FORCED OFF ONLY 6 MINUTES IN THE EURO SUPER CUP.

I agree that there is an issue with players who are not flagged as being injury prone picking up tons of injuries. Paul Coutts' injury record for me between September 2011 and September 2013 is: Damaged kneecap - 4 weeks, Torn hamstring - 3 months, Sprained ankle - 6 weeks, Cold - 4 days, Twisted knee - 3 weeks, Torn calf muscle - 4 months, Broken ankle - 3 weeks (and counting - will be 3-4 months). A promising career has been trashed in the space of two years. Only 1 of the injuries has been picked up in training. In both 2012 and 2013 he was fit all summer and got injured within a month of the season starting. I play a pressing style, so that might explain more injuries, but Coutt's is way worse than anyone else. I just don't see why he's always the unlucky one.

I am not seeing this and I push my players hard in training, but I also employ 2 fitness coaches which is rare for the league I play in. It does sound to me like its your staff and training that are affecting this.

I have 2 fitness coaches, and 2 physios with attributes of 20 and 18 for physiotherapy. My players are generally happy with their training schedule, I don't push them too hard, but they don't get off easy. My training schedules have been consistent over the last 3 or so versions of FM and I've never noticed as many first half or recurring injuries.

Oxford_Canary - my striker (Pascal Udoh) wasn't massively injury prone, but what really got to me was him being forced off within 10 minutes of coming on as a sub for 4 consecutive matches. It's also a coincidence that he had quite a few injuries whilst at Partizan - all from training - and when he moves to my side, every single injury is in-match.

Despite people saying there is no issue with injuries, we still keep getting posts about it.......

I agree totally with OP, I also get so many injuries that somtimes I end up having to use U18's to fill first team places. I try not to play players with under 95% fitness but it makes no difference, I've had strikers and wingers start at 100% and still have to come off injured very early in the game and as with MrBannystar's case, this is a very regular thing and I also end up losing players every other match or so.

Have you tried lowering the strength and aerobic training intensity by just a knotch or two for a couple of months to see if this helps at all? You may right that it is not a training issue but you should eliminate it by testing.

I dont believe in the bug, as not only are there crazy amoutns on injuries in the matrix, i also believe that it is affected by fatigue etc.

However, my fatigued squad just suffered their 5th leg break of the season.

My star newgen Argentinian Striker, not long ago signed for 23 million, is out for 11-13 months

I dont think its a bug, just bloody bad luck

For a recent game in real life, Southampton had 12 senior players out through injury. It happens.

Indeed it does. I remember watching Man Utd play the other week with both Carrick and Valencia in the back four because of a horrible injury list. Blackburn also have suffered quite badly this year.

Despite people saying there is no issue with injuries, we still keep getting posts about it.......

I agree totally with OP, I also get so many injuries that somtimes I end up having to use U18's to fill first team places. I try not to play players with under 95% fitness but it makes no difference, I've had strikers and wingers start at 100% and still have to come off injured very early in the game and as with MrBannystar's case, this is a very regular thing and I also end up losing players every other match or so.

We keep getting posts because users can't accept that injuries happen all the time. Years ago FM had a very low injury rate and over the last few versions this has been steadily increased to bring it closer to real life rates.

When injuries do occur these users always blame the game and do nothing to help themselves stating "I'm never had a problem in other versions"

The only area I suspect you might have a case is that in FM more injuries seem to occur in match as opposed to training whereas in real life I suspect its the other way round. To prove/disprove this though someone would have to work out the figures and find the real life stats.

We keep getting posts because users can't accept that injuries happen all the time. Years ago FM had a very low injury rate and over the last few versions this has been steadily increased to bring it closer to real life rates.

When injuries do occur these users always blame the game and do nothing to help themselves stating "I'm never had a problem in other versions"

The only area I suspect you might have a case is that in FM more injuries seem to occur in match as opposed to training whereas in real life I suspect its the other way round. To prove/disprove this though someone would have to work out the figures and find the real life stats.

I didn't think it would be long before you found this thread and jumped straight to the defence.......

How you can keep saying real life facts/figures/percentages or what ever prove there isn't an injury issue in a game is beyond me because they prove absolutely nothing. Yes of course teams will have bad injury problems from time to time in real life but it doesn't keep recurring every other week or so (apart from the rare cases when you get stuck with Owen Hargreaves or similar), it's very rare that player X is out for 3 months then gets injured again after 2 matches and is out for another 3 months and as I said to you in another post on this subject, it's not only my team it's pretty much every team in my division so real life facts and figures count for nothing, you don't ever see a situation where nearly all the teams in a given division have a massive injury problem, of course some teams have really bad patches but not all and certainly not all at the same time. And another thing is it's not just particular players, it seems to be more positional related because my biggest problems are strikers, wingers and full backs and it doesn't matter who I play in those positions they will be clobbered and out injured after a couple of games.

real life stats are irellevant becouse life is not some matematical formula that you can analyse like you can in game... Issue here are injuries that ocurrs both durring the match and in training in very short time... i never in my life heard for situation where in 2 days you get six long term injuries...

On average, the game nearly matches up to real life numbers. The extremes of the averages also nearly match up to real life numbers.

Nothing in this game matches up to real life numbers.. nothing!

first goal from corners!! then disallowed goals.. in one season i have two times more disallowed goals than all premiermiership teams in RL... Atleast 3 times per season i have more than 4 injuries in one game and not to mention goals scored... my team score more goals then 2nd and 3rd team combined... and 60 or 70 goals per season strikers... you dont have that anywhere in RL...

I didn't think it would be long before you found this thread and jumped straight to the defence.......

How you can keep saying real life facts/figures/percentages or what ever prove there isn't an injury issue in a game is beyond me because they prove absolutely nothing. Yes of course teams will have bad injury problems from time to time in real life but it doesn't keep recurring every other week or so (apart from the rare cases when you get stuck with Owen Hargreaves or similar), it's very rare that player X is out for 3 months then gets injured again after 2 matches and is out for another 3 months and as I said to you in another post on this subject, it's not only my team it's pretty much every team in my division so real life facts and figures count for nothing, you don't ever see a situation where nearly all the teams in a given division have a massive injury problem, of course some teams have really bad patches but not all and certainly not all at the same time. And another thing is it's not just particular players, it seems to be more positional related because my biggest problems are strikers, wingers and full backs and it doesn't matter who I play in those positions they will be clobbered and out injured after a couple of games.

FM is attempting to simulate real life therefore the real life figures mean everything. How you can say they mean nothing is astounding.

Real life current figures for the premiership: Physioroom

So thats 90 players currently out injured over 20 clubs which is an average of 4.5 players per club ATM. For more accurate figures which SI will use you would need to track those figures over a significant period of time to find the average and the extremes.

You may want to note that Man Utd at the top have 13 players currently missing and have suffered 60 different injuries so far this season. If we take a random player from the squad, say Wayne Rooney you can also see that he has had four different injuries so far this season.

As for every team suffering, if thats the case then post up the injury tables and lets see it. I certainly haven't seen every team in a division having an injury crisis at any point in time in my saves.

In terms of your positional injury issues then I would suggest you look at your tactics for those positions as its almost certainly something either you are doing (Players being asked to do too much work) or the opposition (targeting your attacking players).

EDIT

Current injury tables in my save for the top leagues @ 1st August:

England - 41 injuries in total, 2.05 per team, most 4, least 0

France - 44 injuries in total, 2.20 per team, most 7, least 0

Germany - 24 injuries in total, 1.33 per team, most 3, least 0

Italy - 34 injuries in total, 1.7 per team, most 5, least 0

Spain - 22 injuries in total, 1.1 per team, most 3, least 0

Obviously this is in pre-season and I would expect it increasing as the season gets underway.

I'm not disputing that players get injured, whether I have too many or too few is not my problem. My problem is that far too many injuries occur in the first half forcing a substitution. And it's interesting that no-one, NO-ONE has thought to explain why my sub striker went off 4 times in a row having been brought on late in games. The longest period was 12 minutes before being forced off, the other cases after about 2 minutes. He was match fit, and not injury prone. Hideous bad luck? Please...

To summarise through some of the points made above:

- fatigue has nothing to do with it, I have a sizeable squad and rotate from time to time, and I still get first half injuries 3 games into the season.

- @Marty78 - I lowered the physical and aerobic settings on all my schedules a short while ago and there has been no let up on enforced substitutions.

- cougar - injuries do happen all the time and squads can have injury crises, but players are not forced off almost every other game in the first half. I'm not using this as an excuse as my squad can handle an injury crisis, I just don't accept how many players are forced off during a match.

- cougar - injuries do happen all the time and squads can have injury crises, but players are not forced off almost every other game in the first half. I'm not using this as an excuse as my squad can handle an injury crisis, I just don't accept how many players are forced off during a match.

I've already agreed in my earlier post that FM possibly has too many in match injuries and not enough out of match injuries but I wouldn't like to say for certain until someone has actually proved this with facts & figures.

You also need to clarify what you mean by forced off - Only a red injury is a forced sub.

If you think you have a player forced off every other match you need to go back through your matches this season and post up the figures (Players forced off are listed in the match overview). I suspect if you did this you would find its no where near a player every other match.

EDIT

Ok I've checked my last season and over 50 matches I had a player forced off 15 times and the opposition had a player forced off 15 times. So thats once every three matches on average. I must admit thats slightly higher than what I thought but I did feel as if last season was a bad one for injuries and I certainly had more than previous seasons. Even so I didn't feel it was excessive just that I went through a bit of a crisis last year.

"

FM is attempting to simulate real life therefore the real life figures mean everything. How you can say they mean nothing is astounding.

Real life current figures for the premiership: Physioroom

So thats 90 players currently out injured over 20 clubs which is an average of 4.5 players per club ATM. For more accurate figures which SI will use you would need to track those figures over a significant period of time to find the average and the extremes.

You may want to note that Man Utd at the top have 13 players currently missing and have suffered 60 different injuries so far this season. If we take a random player from the squad, say Wayne Rooney you can also see that he has had four different injuries so far this season.

As for every team suffering, if thats the case then post up the injury tables and lets see it. I certainly haven't seen every team in a division having an injury crisis at any point in time in my saves.

In terms of your positional injury issues then I would suggest you look at your tactics for those positions as its almost certainly something either you are doing (Players being asked to do too much work) or the opposition (targeting your attacking players)."

Same old 'it's your tactics' chestnut?.... No mate, it is not my tactics, do you think I would let these injuries decemate my squad without making changes and altering tactics/instructions etc? It's not a fitness/training thing either because as I just said, even players at 100% fitness are getting clobbered only minutes in to a game. I've changed everything from training schedules to team talks and no matter what I use or say or do I still keep getting these rediculos injuries and a lot of them are the same as MrBannystar states, very early on in the game and almost everytime I have to use my 3rd sub he will almost always get clobbered and have to go back off.... How does that tie in with real life figures?

(I can't post you the situation in my division just yet, I can't get my game to run because of a steam problem, as soon as it's sorted out I'll have a go at putting a few screen shots up of the state of some of the teams in my division).

Please consider injuries from other countries too

English football focuses on the physical side more than other countries so it's normal that English sides have more injuries than French or Spanish teams

4,5 injuries per team I say it's a lot

I've already agreed in my earlier post that FM possibly has too many in match injuries and not enough out of match injuries but I wouldn't like to say for certain until someone has actually proved this with facts & figures.

You also need to clarify what you mean by forced off - Only a red injury is a forced sub.

If you think you have a player forced off every other match you need to go back through your matches this season and post up the figures (Players forced off are listed in the match overview). I suspect if you did this you would find its no where near a player every other match.

Forced off as in injured without being able to carry on. My statement about once every other game wasn't intended literally as I'm aware it isn't as bad as that.

If more of these cases were playable injuries then I could accept that as injuries can often happen during a game without a spectator knowing.

I checked my last season's competitive match reports - I had 8 enforced (red) first half substitutions, that's not counting the second half (red) injuries in-game nor the recurring injuries to my sub striker who wasn't able to last longer than 10 minutes on three (not four) consecutive occasions. Now I'm not much of a stato, but that seems a bit high to me. I've raised this point before having had other bad experiences in other seasons but I can't access those reports. Like you said about your stats reflecting what you thought was a bad season, I've had worse feelings about other seasons hence why I was moaning about this previously.

I've had 5 injuries in the last 5 games, the most recent coming in the CL QFs after I'd made 3 changes (ALWAYS happens), was 2-0 up and lost 4-2 (Bendtner scored 4 goals). Game really does my head in sometimes, loads of long term injuries for stupid reasons like players attempting to make a run and being injured for 3 months. Seriously needs to be addressed in the patch.

If Man Utd have had 60 injuries already this season(regardless of severity) then surely people will have to be having in excess of that regularly in a season to really be able to complain that there is a major issue. I'd be very surprised if many of these posters could prove so many injuries but will wait for the stats/screenshots that i'm sure they will soon start posting. Although as far as I can see no-one has yet offered much in the way of evidence for something they believe is clearly a bug. So far it seems to be "my players are always getting injured so it must be a bug".

Anyway, as for my saves, I've never had anywhere near that many injuries over a season and doubt I've often even halfed it. Although I had a tough time of it last season and when I'm home from work I'll check out my save and post any relevant screenshots.

As for the injuries often happening first half I haven't ever noticed to be honest but now that someone has brought it up I bet I will. Thanks for that.;)

There's a perception issue with the more hot-headed FM ranters.

Look at it this way - the stats do not lie. The injuries within FM average out at less than in real life. At worst, FM clusters them together more often, but that isn't to say it is not realistic. Man U had to play Carrick at centre back and Valencia at right-back just before Christmas. Ask Fergie if there's a bug with his life.

When I say there's a perception issue, it's just that. Perception. Many see it as unrealistic because we play this game in such a compressed timeframe. If I play two hours using the 3D key highlights I can get in 4-5 matches, plus all the other stuff I have to deal with if I'm in that frame of mind. If I get two significant injuries (2 weeks+) and, say, 6 minor ones (2-6 days out), in that space of time, it feels like a lot, but it really isn't. 4-5 matches in real life is around three weeks, which is really quite realistic. When you consider most clubs have 2-3 players out for 3-6 months, it's not really that much of a problem.

Average your injuries out over a year. Is it really worse than real life injuries?

Archived