The FMCU 'Venting Your Spleen' Thread

AK22

Welcome to the FMCU 'Venting Your Spleen' Thread, the home of all FM-based rage and bluster.

If you're pulling your hair out, want to get something off your chest, or just have a general rant, then this is the place to do it.

Sound off as much as you like and release your fury! Go on, you'll feel better afterwards! ;)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining a team where you have to play the first game with a cm playing rb, an injured lb, and no defensive cover, plus about 7 people being injured and not having a win all season and being rooted to the table.

first worlds problems..

There is something missing in the boxset in games these days (damn cutbacks). The game ought to come with a device that ensures that if you happen to say "Pleased" at half-time, an arm flies out of the monitor and punches you in the gum, with a sign popping up and taunting you severely.

It is the most stupid thing you can do in the game - moderately well ahead of fielding a team of junior keepers outfield and a half man/half donkey junior with an eyepatch in goal in the Champions League final.

Oh, and while I'm the mood for a rant or twelve, what the f-ing **** is up with staff loyalty?!?! Is it set to -9 quazillion across the board?

Every god damn transfer window every John, Dick and Harry comes after my staff, going through them systematically trying to pinch them off my hands. Consequently I have to offer the bastards a new contract every other day as that is my only hope of retaining them because loyalty does not exist for staff. They can have played 10 years for the club and been here 15 as a coach, but at the minute some other club, although smaller and less successful, comes after them it's "Sayonara" before the paper from the fax is cold.

It is demented in the extreme.

:mad: :wallbash:

I go up of my Champions League group and who do I get in the 1st Knockout Round?

Real F****** Madrid! Every year FM wants to f*** me up with the hardest draws in each and every knockout round in the Champions League. It's like it's bloody scripted for 'insert rancer890's team here' to face 'team with highest club rep'. :mad:

SORTITOUTSI!!!! :mad::mad:

My stupid assman decides almost 50,000 a week is too little (up from 1,000 a week) to make him stay on with one of the biggest clubs in the world. Apparently he prefers to be unemployed instead. ****ing wnker :mad:

Of course only utter dross are applying and the one coach I have that would make a good assman isn't interested.

Also, this thread needs to be stickied. We should all offer boundless rants :D

I've got three decent wingers, firstly my left winger goes down for 3-4 months, then my right winger joins him on the treatment table for 2-3 months. Fast forward a month and my backup right winger decides he wants to join both of them for 4 months, then my starting right winger returns from his layoff only to get himself injured in training without even playing a game for another 2 months!

And while i'm venting, I want to sign two of my former players. One is a now World Class striker who won't leave Holland for any price to join the man who made him who he is! And then there is this young centre back who is now plying his trade in Portugal with Sporting but despite me nurturing his talent for the last few years he would rather stay there than come to the bright lights of Italy with Champions League football thrown in, where is the respect?!?!

- your first choice keeper out for 2 months

- signing an old but much better chap on a free transfer to cover him

- not realising that you can't register players in Denmark outside of the transfer window

- him moaning when I put him in the reserve team as he can't play in the first team.

1. Having 30 shots at goal and they have their first shot in the 91st minute & score :mad:.

2. Being 3-0 up at half time *"your playing well, keep it up"*, 3-3 full time :mad:. Next game, 3-0 up at half time, *"dont get complacent"*, *players = angry*. Seriously!!!! How can you be angry when you let a 3 goal lead slip in the last game :mad:.

3. Strikers who miss the target from 3 yards out :mad:.

Other clubs making derisory bids for your players and rejecting them means the player wants a new contract following the "breakdown of talks". I don't think them turning up gurning with a fiver and a half-eaten packet of smarties and me laughing heartily whilst slamming the door in their face constitutes talks myself but there we go.

Not to do with FM but I'm trying to have a paper accepted for a conference and they've sent me feedback which includes a prescribed paragraph length. WHAAAAAT?!?! :mad: So infuriatingly dull and almost irrelevantly pointless to fix. What a complete and utter waste of my life.

Losing Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey for the World Cup and then going out because Germany cannot score against the USA, some times I really hate this stupid game.

There was a lot more swearing at the computer when this happened.

Archived