Welsh Wizard's Journeyman Career

Welsh Wizard

r17sheepskin.png

After not being able to load my last career up I have decided to start again as seems only save I can get in to hope you enjoy reading about it as I do playing it. Want as much feedback about the layout/frequency of updates and decisions within my career so post what you think/want :thup:

Game version: FM12 - latest patch

Database: Large

Initial Loaded nations (All down to the lowest leagues)

Wales

England

N. Ireland

Ireland

Scotland

Spain

France

Portugal

Italy

Germany

Holland

Basically just went around the global picking nearest countries will likely add more of Euro when I add before doing the rest of the world.

Added and removed Leagues

BSN & BSS removed (2013)

Scotland Portugal and Spain - Removed all but Top Division(2013)

Italy, France, Germany - Removed all but top two divisions (2013)

N Ireland and Ireland - Removed all but Top Division(2013)

Denmark - Top Division added(2013)

Initial Manager Profile

C4C0EB426FEC6127726EFBFE975378EEA038FA3A

Starting in Wales(June 2011) with Sunday League rep

The Aims

• Win a trophy in every nation.
  • Win the Champions League of every continent.
  • Win the World Cup.
  • Try many different tatical approches(Based on players I have, nation I'm in or Club I'm managing)
  • Hopfully meet interesting Clubs and Players.
  • Enjoy It!

Aims are goals I hope to just achieve as I go along and won't be trying to achieve them as quick as possible.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career overview/achievements etc:

Career overview/achievements etc.:

[color="#FFFFFF"]Season       Club          |  League          |  Country      | Position      |        Achievements                    |
---------------------------|------------------|---------------|---------------|----------------------------------------|
2011      Athlone Town FC    First Division     Ireland          11th 
2012      Athlone Town FC    First Division     Ireland           6th       Sacked(4/5/2012)
2012/13   Chelmsford City    BSS                England           1st       BSS Champions and F.A Trophy Semi finalists
2013/14   Chelmsford City    BSP                England           1st       BSP Champions and F.A Trophy Champions
2014/15   Crawley Town       L2                 England          14th
2015/16   Portsmouth[/color]

International:

Season          |  Country          |        Achievements         |
----------------|-------------------|-----------------------------|
2014-15            Uruguay        Copa America 2015 Champions

Stats

[b]Year        Team                   GP  W  D  L [/b]
2011      Athlone Town FC           7  1  3  3
2012      Athlone Town FC          12  6  2  5
2012/13   Chelmsford City          58 45  8  5
2013/14   Chelmsford City          56 39 13  3
2014/15   Crawley Town             26  9  8  9
2015/16 Portsmouth
-------------------------------------------------------------
[b]International[/b]
2014-2015  Uruguay           16  12  2  2
[b]International Total[/b]

[b]Career Totals[/b]                      [b]175 112 36 27[/b] 

After 111 days without a job Athlone Town in Ireland make a offer. They are currently bottom(11th) with only 4 wins out of 33 games. 7 games left in the season. Hopefully get a few good results and try to improve in the next season.

athlonetown.jpg

athlonetown2.png

Athlone Town have won the top division in 81 and 83 as well as the league cup in 79, 81 and 82.

3EDA62895DADC83491D9A7ED706FA15E39C15719

Athlone Town FC End of Season Update 2011

athlonetown2.png

Table

Results

With the 7 games I took charge of we managed just the one win in the last game of the season which showed at the least we were improving. Credible draws and even losses but definitely room for improvement.

Transfers

Rodney Ubbergen

Vincent Castell

John Fitzgerald

Dimitri Milon

With the transfers I made I think we will be well set for next season but most of the squad is out of contract so could be a rebuilding stage throughout the winter but got a few targets lined up which hopefully I can sign and have enough wage budget to get.

March 2012 Update

resultskx.jpg

Found it hard to get a decent size squad so strugling to keep players fresh and injuries are hitting us hard. Should of won the 1st game but somehow could not find the net dispite dominating at 1-1. Losses were fair and happy we picked it up at the end of the month to get a run of wins.

March 2012 Update

resultskx.jpg

Found it hard to get a decent size squad so strugling to keep players fresh and injuries are hitting us hard. Should of won the 1st game but somehow could not find the net dispite dominating at 1-1. Losses were fair and happy we picked it up at the end of the month to get a run of wins.

Tough start but good finish to the month, hope the momentum continues.

April 2012 Update

resultsz.jpg

Run of wins came to a abrupt end with a 5-0 thumping. Just made it through the 1st round of the cup. Losses were very dispointing and now my job is insecure. :( Hopefully can improve and keep my job just feel injuries are playing a big part and think the board is being a bit unfair and not giving me time.

April 2012 Update

resultsz.jpg

Run of wins came to a abrupt end with a 5-0 thumping. Just made it through the 1st round of the cup. Losses were very dispointing and now my job is insecure. :( Hopefully can improve and keep my job just feel injuries are playing a big part and think the board is being a bit unfair and not giving me time.

You haven't done too badly though. Hopefully they will stick with you and let you build a side to compete next year :thup:

May 2012 Update

resultsja.jpg

Short run of games in this update mainly after the following happened :(

sacked.jpg

Sacked with the team in 6th expected to finish 5th by the media and board wanted top half finish so a bit 276372_100002509857743_105892_n.jpg that I was sacked so soon.

Injuries hit hard and had 5 long term injuries to key players with a squad of 19 so fitness was a issue but was still hitting targets.

On the bright side I have been sack just when Wales and England seasons start so hopefully get a job soon.

August 2012 Update

resultstl.jpg

Great first game to start off my time at Chelmsford and we showed our intent for the season. 2nd Game should of been more than 1-0. Great turn around in the 3rd game which can be seen below. Disapointed in the last game never really got started and deserved to lose.

matchov.jpg

Transfers In

Goalkeepers

Loris Karius

Full Backs

Scott Taggart

Phillip Roe

Samir Bihmoutine

Center Backs

Kyle Benedictus

Michael Wilson

Wingers

Graham Webster

Center Mids

Alexander McQueen

Connor Rennie

Strikers

Mark Roberts

Steven Howarth

Harry Bunn

Shame you got sacked, thought that was a bit harsh in truth.

Good luck at Chelmsford :thup:

Harsh sacking at Athlone Town but the best of luck at Chelmsford :thup:
Harsh sacking it has to be said but nice to see you've got a new job already :thup:

Yeah it was harsh but think I landed on my feet at Chelmsford being a side able to challenge for the league title.

September 2012 Update

resultsk.jpg

Great solid month. Could of got more goals in most games but we could not get out of sight in the 2-1s. Draw vs H & W was a fair and tight affair could of gone either way with them coming nearest with a missed pen. Advanced to the next qualifier in the F.A Cup after a emphatic win with a 2nd string side helped by a early red card.

4 more players in this month and I think they could be the last well for a while at least :D

CB - Andy Dowie

LM/RM - Sébastien Carole

RM - Nicky Riley

ST - Michael Ngoo

October 2012 Update

resultsz.jpg

A Great month again as we maintain the winning streak and make it through to the real rounds of the F.A Cup. Games where quite similar to last months. Trying to get games done and dusted with the dominance instead of tight score lines which add to a few tense last minutes.

November 2012 Update

resultsz.jpg

Another Great month but the winning run was brought to a end with a loss to title challengers Sailsbury who sit in 2nd. Playing a bit more expansive and the scorelines seem to be widening. In the F.A Cup League 1 mid table side Exeter were push a side quite easily. Next up a tie vs BSN side Telford.

December 2012 Update

resultsci.jpg

Another great month. Got in to the 3rd round of the F.A and will face Championship side Brighton. Should of won in the F.A trophy without the replay but through anyhow.

tableku.jpg

High flying in the league at the halfway point let's hope it continues.

Some great players in with quality of Lee Cook which is a shock he would come down to this level and Frederic Veseli who has great potential.

Frederic Veseli

Ibrahim Farah

Lee Cook

Sitting very pretty.

Hopefully don't collapse 2nd half of season but think we are too strong if I don't win promotion with the side I got I deserve to be sacked this time :)

Your making that look easy :D

Dafuge experience is paying off:) But saying that I think I have signed 1/2 players I did while doing Dafuge rest are all new.

You've certainly stamped your authority on the BSS there.

Hope the good cup runs don't leave you too congested though for the run home.

Having quite a few young players has been hard with the amount of games as many need a rest quite often but just about making it work.

Great show in the FA Cup and it's nice to see that the defeat didn't knock your team at all.

Thanks

Nice too know they are concentrated on the league and should be proud of what they have achieved in the Cup no matter how that game would of went.

Chelmsford 12/13 End of Season Update

Results

League Table

League Stats

Squad

F.A Cup Fixtures

F.A Trophy Fixtures

Loads of players in and out with barely anyone left in the squad from where I first joined. Dispite the massive change in the squad we gelled quick and climb to the top of the league and never looked like losing it. Great cup runs and nearly made it to the F.A Trophy Final.

Key Players

Andy Dowie - Solid at CB and did very well at RB late in to the season.

Harry Bunn - Started very slowly and went games without goals but then you could not stop him.

Mark Roberts - Constantly our main player and finished the league's top scorer will be his last and only season at the club as decided not to offer him a new contract but even at 37 he could of offered a lot but want to go a different direction.

Unsure wether to jump ship after just one season at Chelmsford. Shrewsbury town which was quite a rival with my home town(which I can look past :) ) is open they were 10th last season in L2 expected 5th this season. They are okay in financial situation to Chelmsford insecure, have a decent squad and a few more signings and they could challenge for title imo and seems very likely I would get the job if I resigned so they don't have to pay any compensation for me.

On the other hand signed a few more players at Chelmsford and I think we would have a very good chance to win the BSP and the F.A Trophy (Main XI is close if not better than Shrewsbury's current)

What do you guys think?

Archived