Does FM need a facelift?

It's probably been mentioned before, but while FM is the undisputed king of serious football sims, it's competition (FIFA Manager and CM) have pulled up some good new takes on the genre which I think need to include.

As far as I see it, FM has by far the best match engine, the best database/research and the best underlying mechanics for maintaining a simulated soccer world (FREDs, training, player happiness, finances etc.) These are the reasons that i've remained loyal to the FM series despite my frustration at the lack of development in the last couple of iterations. I've flirted with demos of CM and FIFA but I'm immediately struck by how inferior the under-the-hood mechanics are and thus can't see myself ever dedicating time to them.

But each have one thing that i'd really love to see in FM09. CM has Pro-Zone which has been talked about many a times, and just strikes me as the perfect tool to work tactics and analyse performance without having to watch full matches (plus i'm sure FM could implement that tool far better than CM has).

But what i would really like to see is FM adopt FIFA Manager's brand of slicker, more modern graphics and interface. It's hard to deny that FM looks like a database program at times, with very little imagination in the presentation of statistics or different features. While it's perfectly functional, i've gone stale on it after years without a real change (skins may be a new coat of paint, but it can't solve the systemic problem). FIFA Manager on the other hand looks fresh and interesting, it presents all sorts of graphs and maps to keep you amused and feel more like a real living world. It presents the data much more like it's seen in the media (TV, internet, newspapers) than FM, which appears more like a managers analytical tool. I know the irony in saying that, as Football Manager should be a simulation of what a manager would use, but it looks far too much like work than play.

If the presentation of graphics and the organisation of screens was also customisable (far more than the lame 'customisablility' of the home screen) then all the better, so that every user could tailor their own managerial experience.

To be honest, every time i see FIFA Manager screenshots with there liberal use of graphical representations, I wish that either FM could match it, or that FIFA manager's under-the-hood stuff was better. And while i'd love to stay loyal to SI, as a consumer, I'm just looking for the best product for me, and if FIFA or CM can continue to improve their engine while also churning out new inventive feature and fresher designs, then I feel I'll have to switch allegiance.

Love to hear what people (and SI would be even better).

I'd rather SI didn't spend too much time worrying about skins and graphics (unless it's the match representation) as there are so many available to download from various fan sites. I just don't see the point and would rather they focussed on other stuff that we can't edit ourselves.

As for pro-zone, it's for CM only although something similar would be a nice addition to FM.

Sorry to say it but to be honest I have no idea what SI are doing in between each new version, there are some database edits, a new skin and a couple on new features, surely this doesn't take the whole year for a dedicated team and I think they could definately be more productive with their time, adding new features (there have been billions suggested on these forums, most of them good like) and giving the game a proper graphical revamp for a start.

A feature like pro-zone would be brilliant and some kind of feedback post-match on how your players could be improved performance wise by using tactics, and feedback on your tactics in response to the other teams,

'Arsenal played a narrow game, make use of wingers and available space (wide on the tactics settings) to utilise this to your advantage'

Having a couple of these after each match would be a godsend and make the whole lower league game alot better to play because you know where your team are going wrong. Maybe these could also be colour coded in terms of urgency, say the ball just flat out isn't reaching your strikers the 'widget' (for lack of a better term) could highlight this with a red dot, and suggest something better off. Something like this would just be better presentation wise for the consumer.

Hi

Yes this has been discussed but it is worth reopening has things move on.

I too think that a little facelift would be a welcome addition to FM. I tried CM prozone and to be honest pro-zone was overcompliated and mostly unnecessary; what is needed is a much easier post-match analysis tool (and/or better assman post match comments).

Like you, I think that something similar to the FIFA interface and graphical representation would be a good start. I understand that a lot of the peeps who play and respond on here are much more diehard re what they are after e.g. 100% spot-on match engine, but that does not mean that FM cannot give itself a makeover [ala Trinny and Susan icon_wink.gif].

You never know we might get some surprises from FM though their online game suggests the same presentational formula as now so...notwithstanding or holding my breath I agree with you that we could do with some new stuff.

icon_smile.gifK

Originally posted by FrostyTheBush:

there are some database edits, a new skin and a couple on new features, surely this doesn't take the whole year for a dedicated team and I think they could definately be more productive with their time,

I'm sorry to say but your wrong there. Lets see... two years ago, they completely revamped scouting (with the rather awesome scout reports. This year, they remade the match engine (which they hadn't touched except for minor tweaks since it first appeared) added usability tools and revamped international management. Next year they are (apparently) revamping tactics and (probably) training. Given the amount of code FM (millions of lines) and how much adding/editing match engines, tactics and the way they effect the match engine etc., (thousands of lines) then I reckon they do a pretty good job in just a year.

Sure, we'd all like some prettified version out there, but lets focus on the obvous. We love the match engine, we love the tactics, we love the ease of use, we love the realism, we just want one little thing. we can wait can'twe?

I hate the interface on Fifa Manager. It's sluggish and unresponsive for me and I've got a decent PC. I agree it can look good but there's no usability beyond a nice screenshot for me so I wouldn't like to see it in FM.

I should look like the stanpetrov ones posted a while back i thought they were quality but woulnd't like to see it without the actual premiership pictures. I understand you can dowload them but i just like to play the way it comes.

SI are getting there on the skin but i find it puts me asleep or makes me want to put the t.v on while its processing.

Next year they are (apparently) revamping tactics and (probably) training.

Where exactly did you get your information? Nothing about the new features in FM2009 have been announced and will not be before August at the earliest. If it hasn't been officially announced on these forums then the news should be regarded as nothing more than speculation.

This thread did not say it wanted 3D read thre posts...do not make assumptions..the thread talks about upgrading, additions and so on,, do not try and be clever with misinformation.

READ the POST

Originally posted by Moonshine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrostyTheBush:

there are some database edits, a new skin and a couple on new features, surely this doesn't take the whole year for a dedicated team and I think they could definately be more productive with their time,

I'm sorry to say but your wrong there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong about what? the 'revamped' scouting still has some large issues (usability and otherwise), international management is still an afterthought, I had no idea about the match engine upgrade but it's definately welcome. Does this really take a whole year for a full development team? not a chance.

The suggested tactics revamp imo really just needs some added feedback and some slight ease of use changes, training just needs to be more automated (i'm a manager not a coach thank you very much icon_smile.gif, maybe just hire the coaches and they will create there own schedules? advanced users can alter at will).

Honestly though they have probably finished development already and are just bug hunting and the like, so suggestions will not be put in until 2010 comes out. Anyways love the game but i'm sick of feeling cheated every time I purchase it.

I have to agree with the original post.

Read what he has posted, he's not saying that he wants FM to be more like Fifa or anything silly like that.

Every year I hope this will be the time we get a new game, new interface, some kind of graphical representation of... anything. But i'm always left disappointed icon_frown.gif

FM is great as it is, it's functional, you can just about find everything but it has no soul. It's like i'm playing a game of MS Excel or something. I don't know if SI are scared to change things as it's obviously working as it is, or maybe they just don't have the staff who are able to do this. That's not a criticism of the existing staff but I don't think it requires a genius to point our there is very little in the way of artwork in FM.

I don't want to go into the match engine discussion again but it's looked the same for what is it now ? 4-5 years ? Surely the round blobs could have been developed into overhead players in that time ? Could a simple stadium graphic not have been implemented ? In 4-5 years we got a rectangle for a dugout.. um cheers.

It's not about changing the underlying game or being able to go look at houses to buy for youself or some ******** like that. FM looks like it is still stuck in the 1990's

I think, and i'm guessing here, the problem is the game has become so complex now that any small change can have a huge knock on effect and screw loads of other things up. So adding even a small new feature must take so long. Look at all the new FM08 features which are still not working and were never patched, I guess they simply couldn't fix them even after a year or so of development.

While FIFA Manager has very lovely, flashy graphics, the utility of their screens is very poor. They're just non-functional eye candy, and an invite for bugs (of which I've noticed a few... disappearing team names, badly aligned text...)

It would be nice if FM looked a bit more slick, but not, in any circumstances, at the expense of usability and clarity. CM and FIFA may have other advantages, but FM's user interface is lightyears ahead of them.

Never trade functionality for fluff.

Originally posted by T-Bag:

Every year I hope this will be the time we get a new game, new interface, some kind of graphical representation of... anything. But i'm always left disappointed icon_frown.gif

This is exactly how I feel, in total i've put over £100 into this product (i've been playing for years) and it doesn't feel like there has been any great leaps in the game since the early 90's, it's like Football Manager 05 III instead of 08, and people keep saying that the presentation can be sorted by modders with new skins, but you know, it's not their job.

Originally posted by Kazza:

This thread did not say it wanted 3D read thre posts...do not make assumptions..the thread talks about upgrading, additions and so on,, do not try and be clever with misinformation.

READ the POST

It's talking about graphics again. Yes, more than just 3D, admittedly, but reading between the lines, that sounds like one of the main points.

Graphics are pretty redundant in FM. The gameplay is what counts. I don't think better presentation will hurt it - I hated the skin when I first got it - but there are far more important things for them to concentrate on.

I think, and i'm guessing here, the problem is the game has become so complex now that any small change can have a huge knock on effect and screw loads of other things up. So adding even a small new feature must take so long. Look at all the new FM08 features which are still not working and were never patched, I guess they simply couldn't fix them even after a year or so of development.

Umm. Yes. What I've been saying.

IF they can do it right, and IF they can fix the other things, then YES. Bring on flashy skins, new stats and 3D players.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

I thought the Flexion skin for 07 was extremely good and that they should work more towards that direction.

The 'facelift' title made me think 'skin' too. The out-of-the-box skin in FM08 got a lot of stick and has been fiercely defended by Ter. What gets me is that with so many decent-to-excellent skins made by fans, why not put half a dozen of them on the disk as options and keep everyone happy? I'm sure any of the popular skin-makers would be honoured to be asked to make one for FM09 prior to release.

The thing is 'back in the day' I remember every other year a release of CM which was a complete step away from the previous year's one. It was like the year after every step they'd refine the game a little more, then take another big step.

Today I get the feeling I'm still playing FM05 but with a different skin and 40,000 new ways to be asked stupid media questions repeatedly.

I played cm3 and cm00/01. Unaware that the creators of cm had changed to FM I bought both cm2006 and cm2007. On 2007 they had pro-zone. What is the point! I never used it once! It's a load of crap to me!

The only thing better is the matches are in 3D, other than that they're crap!

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

I played cm3 and cm00/01. Unaware that the creators of cm had changed to FM I bought both cm2006 and cm2007. On 2007 they had pro-zone. What is the point! I never used it once! It's a load of crap to me!

The only thing better is the matches are in 3D, other than that they're crap!

Their "3d" is ice skating cluedo pieces and adds nothing at all to the game play.

with so many decent-to-excellent skins made by fans, why not put half a dozen of them on the disk as options and keep everyone happy?

Like the idea. Seem to remember a couple of skins being available in 01/02. Or that might just have been fonts.

Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Next year they are (apparently) revamping tactics and (probably) training.

Where exactly did you get your information? Nothing about the new features in FM2009 have been announced and will not be before August at the earliest. If it hasn't been officially announced on these forums then the news should be regarded as nothing more than speculation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We know that arrows are going (Just look around fansites, play FML or listen to podcasts). That IS a revamp of tactcics. We also know that the sliders are slightly changing (see above reasons). Tactics go hand-in-hand with training so the training is a suspicion of mine

I would be nice if they could at least chuck in a handful of skins to choose from.

I personally don't like the standard FM08 skin at all. I know it's personal preference and i'm sure that many people do like it a lot. But it would have been nice to have a selection to choose from rather than me having to go hunt down a custom skin.

With the amount of high quality fan made skins which appear in quite a short time period I wouldn't have though it would be too time consuming ?

I think ultimately it boils down to this:

Do you want a game that 'works' well as a manager simulation?

OR

Do you want a game that looks appealing and flashy but just doesn't back that up with any form of reality or simulation?

Obviously we would all love both but to be honest FM is still far ahead of its rivals.

I do think however that FM really needs to try to get back to having features that immerse the player into the 'FM World'. I feel that as versions have gone on, FM has lost its way with this, an example is the way that they have split the news items which has really been a negative change for me.

We all appreciate the hard work and ‘core’ of FM that’s why we are here and none of us want that to change. All that we are asking is for FM to start building on it. The most interesting point made was the guy (sorry can’t remember who said it) who said that FM feel’s soul-less. That hit the nail on the head, you feel anonymous playing the game and there is no real link with the events going on around you. This is down to the poor media interface which is just irritating and repetitive , and also the lack of graphical or attractive layouts, transitions screens, atmospheric setting etc.

On the FIFA 09 demo video I seen a prematch build up video, sweeping through a real stadium, giving details of two key match men - looked amazing. I suggest SI start to watch more and more Sky sports build ups to matches, read more of the trashy redtops – get idea for how the media works. I can get excited even for a particularly dull match like Sunderland and Fulham just watching sky sports build up to a game! Come on, sort it out SI! icon_wink.gif

The most logical step forward at this point is to focus on this for new releases. There are other ‘little’ things that need implementing at the core of the game too, but the game is already pretty sweet and better than the rest so why not work on FM’s weakest points and bring them up to scratch?

Originally posted by PW:

I think ultimately it boils down to this:

Do you want a game that 'works' well as a manager simulation?

OR

Do you want a game that looks appealing and flashy but just doesn't back that up with any form of reality or simulation?

Yes obviously we all want the nice game that works well, but FM ALREADY works pretty well, why not just build on that now?

Why can't we have both indepth game play AND a nice graphical interface with some atmosphere to the game?

it's not just flashy graphics, the whole atmosphere of the game - and although it's important to have a solid foundation of a working engine of a game, it's equally important to feel the build up to games, feel like all eyes ar on you, that those league games you rush through actually DO matter and there are 40k+ eyes on you every week!

Originally posted by Pim1984:

That white skin is no success IMO, bring back the green or something. Somethign easier to look at.

It's not just a case of skins mate, the skins are fine, they do the best they can with what is available. The only criticisms with skins in there should be more of them out of the box.

I think the original poster is on about the game interface as a whole, and I'd agree.

TBH i'm still slightly unsure as to what everyone means by graphics in this thread.

Is it the match representation?

The skin?

The pictures?

Skin and pictures are easily sorted with downloads, whereas match representation is a can of worms. What is this thread actually talking about when it says "graphics"?

Originally posted by Nomis07:

TBH i'm still slightly unsure as to what everyone means by graphics in this thread.

Is it the match representation?

The skin?

The pictures?

Skin and pictures are easily sorted with downloads, whereas match representation is a can of worms. What is this thread actually talking about when it says "graphics"?

Sorry , posted by mistake before i typed icon_frown.gif

By graphics, I meant the whole interface , doing away witheh current game layout, or at least elements of it and starting from scratch. This includes the way data is presented, menu screens, etc. Its not a case of changing whats there, but changing the whole flow of the game information and adding to it.

I think thats whre SI is going wrong, when we say more graphical they just make changes to their spreadsheet and add a few graphical icons instead of text. Granted the game is laregely text based but there should be more grpahical features in, images, video, computerised animations, that kind of thing to enhance the "feel" of the game.

For example, on match day it would be nice to see what sky sports do with video from the stadiums, key clashes highlighted (with pics of players etc) just completely different to whats there now - not just adding colours to text lol.

The match graphics would be nice, but not at the cost of gameplay. Id be happy with an over head pitch view as is now, but build ups and formations screens could use 3d pitches, as could replays etc , just ideas like that.

Ah right, cheers.

I don't really know how I feel about ay of it tbh. There are advantages and problems with it i.e. I don't want it to go all gimmicky and look like a big sweety wrapper, but I like the idea. Like I said earlier though (and as you said yourself) fair enough to implement it, but if it affects time spent on gameplay design or affects gameplay in general, it has to be a major no.

Guest Metaphysical
Originally posted by Box:

Sorry , posted by mistake before i typed icon_frown.gif

By graphics, I meant the whole interface , doing away witheh current game layout, or at least elements of it and starting from scratch. This includes the way data is presented, menu screens, etc. Its not a case of changing whats there, but changing the whole flow of the game information and adding to it.

I think thats whre SI is going wrong, when we say more graphical they just make changes to their spreadsheet and add a few graphical icons instead of text. Granted the game is laregely text based but there should be more grpahical features in, images, video, computerised animations, that kind of thing to enhance the "feel" of the game.

For example, on match day it would be nice to see what sky sports do with video from the stadiums, key clashes highlighted (with pics of players etc) just completely different to whats there now - not just adding colours to text lol.

The match graphics would be nice, but not at the cost of gameplay. Id be happy with an over head pitch view as is now, but build ups and formations screens could use 3d pitches, as could replays etc , just ideas like that.

sky sports' coverage of football is massively sensationalist and is designed to keep you watching football and make even ordinary games seem massive.

think of the average length of FM games. adding all that uneccessary fluff would get so TIRESOME after 10-20 in-game years.

and what's wrong with the way FM looks? I don't get the clamouring for graphics. are you that dense and ADD that you need pretty pictures everywhere to tell you what's going on?

FM's GUI is simple, easy to understand, and a very effective way of communicating complex and constantly changing data. that's why it's worked until now and that's why it will CONTINUE to work into the forseeable future.

occam's razor, my friend.

It seems to me here that people are presenting a choice between a good match engine and database etc or a well presented and flashy version of FM.

What the hell is the problem with having both?

People will be getting payed a lot of money to make developments to this game and it really hasn't developed a lot for 3-4 years.

WE NEED BOTH!

Guest Metaphysical
Originally posted by DrEdwierd:

It seems to me here that people are presenting a choice between a good match engine and database etc or a well presented and flashy version of FM.

People will be getting payed a lot of money to make developments to this game and it really hasn't developed a lot for 3-4 years.

WE NEED BOTH!

FM is well-presented.

and you don't NEED both. you WANT flashy graphics for some reason. but you don't NEED them.

and to say it hasn't developed a lot in 3-4 years is an absolutely idiotic statement. honestly, what?!

and the reason why you can't have flash and a good match engine is becuase that would require MAMMOTH amounts of processor power and ram to avoid becoming incredibly repetitive.

Originally posted by DrEdwierd:

WE NEED BOTH!

That's all just a bit over the top. Plus we don't NEED both, we would like graphical improvements etc but they aren't necessary, we need the gameplay to be brilliant.

Even if there is no graphical update the presentation could be so much better.

It's like wading through a cumbersome database at the moment rather than a football manager game.

The interface could be much more slick even without any graphics at all.

At work I have to do lots of statistics on our business/department performance. This involves lots and lots of data on excel. When I have to present this to management I obviously don't just hand them a printout of excel. I have to make it into a presentation which looks nice, it looks slick, it looks interesting. At the moment FM is just like the excel part - everything is there but it's just like a database.

no energy on graphics

all on game play and managering stuff..

mayby implement and challange where u start in lowest divisions and work your way up as it was in originaly fotboll manager games on amiga and c64.

graphic means nothing. the white wallpaper in 08 was such a waste.

Originally posted by Metaphysical:

sky sports' coverage of football is massively sensationalist and is designed to keep you watching football and make even ordinary games seem massive.

think of the average length of FM games. adding all that uneccessary fluff would get so TIRESOME after 10-20 in-game years.

and what's wrong with the way FM looks? I don't get the clamouring for graphics. are you that dense and ADD that you need pretty pictures everywhere to tell you what's going on?

FM's GUI is simple, easy to understand, and a very effective way of communicating complex and constantly changing data. that's why it's worked until now and that's why it will CONTINUE to work into the forseeable future.

occam's razor, my friend.

First of all I’m going to overlook your aggressive stance and resorting to callig people dense for having a constructive discussion about features.

The point I was making about Sky Sports is that their graphical looks and use is there to help build atmosphere, and to obviously entertain. Correct, it may extend the game and draw out careers, but perhaps that could be controlled with some kind of user option tweak. The point is, I was just throwing ideas around not wanitng to get drawn into specifics of HOW SI should put more graphics/images/video/animation into the game . The fact remains that by making the game more graphical it would help to built atmosphere within the game greatly improve a player gaming experience.

WE NEED BOTH!

That was exactly my point, why are we worried about a graphical inclusion effecting gameplay – the realism and game play is already there, this would Only improve and SI’s track record with quality speaks for it’s self so there shouldn’t be a worry that they would suddenly do away with the gameplay in order to provide a more realistic and graphical interface.

The problem is the hardcore fanbois have had FM dominate for so long they are no longer open to “outside†ideas that would have previously been flagship features of rival titles. Well, as the competition are now starting to catch-up with FM, it’s time for SI and it’s fanboi’s to get off the high-horse and start to look at the competition and start improving on the best and more relevant features they offer!

Even if there is no graphical update the presentation could be so much better.

It's like wading through a cumbersome database at the moment rather than a football manager game.

The interface could be much more slick even without any graphics at all.

At work I have to do lots of statistics on our business/department performance. This involves lots and lots of data on excel. When I have to present this to management I obviously don't just hand them a printout of excel. I have to make it into a presentation which looks nice, it looks slick, it looks interesting. At the moment FM is just like the excel part - everything is there but it's just like a database.

Again, this is my point. No one is talking about doing away with the stats system and having little football icons for rating players, just a better more friendly way of displaying all the info FM provides and making it easier to digest and even entertaining to look at (if that's possible, which I'm sure it is!).

I say: never change a winning team.

Keep the UI the way it is. It's great!

no energy on graphics

all on game play and managering stuff..

mayby implement and challange where u start in lowest divisions and work your way up as it was in originaly fotboll manager games on amiga and c64.

graphic means nothing. the white wallpaper in 08 was such a waste.

This SI what is holding FM back - SI are scared to implement a better graphical user interface because they are affraid of the backlash from the stuff old die hards who again look upon FM's competitors with contempt rather than looking at the best features and thinking;-

"wow, if SI done that bit in FM it would awesome and it would probably even work!"

I like FIFA Manager for the light-hearted, feature-filled game it is.

But I do not want FM to go the flashy graphics and fluff route... and I especially do not want each game to have an additional 3 minutes of stuff twirling around. I want the pre-match to be as simple as possible, the current several screens are already pushing it. I'd much rather have an easier way to see what the current in-game tactics the opponent is using.

Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

I like FIFA Manager for the light-hearted, feature-filled game it is.

But I do not want FM to go the flashy graphics and fluff route... and I especially do not want each game to have an additional 3 minutes of stuff twirling around. I want the pre-match to be as simple as possible, the current several screens are already pushing it. I'd much rather have an easier way to see what the current in-game tactics the opponent is using.

fifa manager.

i tryed all version of it and all versions of cm fm

fifa manager are always superbuggy. they implement things like special colours on chelsea and man utd players shoes but but cant make player base and team base balaanced so game is always totaly wicked and unplayeable after 2 sesons. and by then u have all the best players with kettering town to. its always buggy as hell to and full of errors that make game exists to windows or make blue screens.

the cm fm foults have been pretty massive as well since 98 versions. but they are small like youth players doesnt improve fast enough to be superstars at 20 or midfielders doesnt close down to ball on midfield in a perfect way.

the foults that fm cm have had doesnt even exist in other manager games couse they are so UNadvanced they never reach that tweak stage.

fm cm is the only game for adults in manager genre of games. kids play the graphical games like total club M and fifa M. and let it be that way.

its a manager game with numbers. not a game to show of for friends.

Most of you also seem to forget that having better graphics also mean the game will require more from your computer.

So then you'll either gonna need a state of the art pc to play to game or you'll need to cut in the game's database.

I think people are getting too concerned and distracted with how poor FIFA manager's gameplay is, and assuming that those nice graphics and nice GUI that do that. It's fair to say EA have invested more into them than the gameplay it's self, which is why the game is so bad, but it has to be said the game is visually stunning.

What we want is SI to look towards applying that kind of standard and having more involving and inspiring graphical interfaces and imagery. Like it or not, that is where the future of the genre lies.

We arent presented with an option of sacraficing gameplay for good visuals - FM ALREADY has the gameplay! They should now look at making the data easier to digest and more appealing, dare I say it, even impressive!

Originally posted by DivineOne:

Most of you also seem to forget that having better graphics also mean the game will require more from your computer.

So then you'll either gonna need a state of the art pc to play to game or you'll need to cut in the game's database.

In this day and age I think most serious PC gamers have a PC capable of running half decent graphics. Besides, we aren't talking having the game turn into crysis, jsut a little more appealing and inspiring. The fact that FM will currently play on my work PC which is 8 years old says that FM is way behind in terms of hardware requirements anyway!

other things are a bigger priority for me -

match engine (actually working pretty good at the moment but was appalling in 8.00)

regens - major problems

reputation system -(if you are a major club it can be hard to sell some of your less talented players as their rep is completely out of sync with their ability and possible bidders know that the palyer will reject them)

That being said, the game coud do with being a bit more pretty.

better use of sound would be good as well - noting has changed really on that front for years. it would be nice if you got verbal reminders for certain things, or even verbal summaries after a scout has finished his assignment.

Archived