Do you get to spend the money you obtain from selling players?

In my first season as man utd i sold a lot of players but i didn't get any of that money to spend . Is this always the case? Does selling players not help you fund new purchases? Sure i sold someone the following summer and didnt see any of the money.

Also wondering how often the board give you more funds? , i remember in previous version when managing a big club they would often give you large amounts of extra money to spend near the end of the transfer window.

I'm wanting to raise some extra money to buy a specific player but dont want to sell anyone if the board just always keep the money.

It depends on your board - you can approach them and ask them to raise how much of the revenue you generate from player sales is given back to you in the form of transfers.

For your second question, again it depends on the board.

ok thanks , i thought that might be the case , i've already had words with my board , we didnt see eye to eye :)

Was also wondering is it worth saving transfer money from one year to the next , or is that a waste of time . I have £25 million but the only people i want will be £35m , is it worth saving the money and it will mean more next year? Been 2 years now at man utd and i cant get my funds over £30m . They are almost as tight as the glazers in real life.

Was also wondering is it worth saving transfer money from one year to the next , or is that a waste of time . I have £25 million but the only people i want will be £35m , is it worth saving the money and it will mean more next year? Been 2 years now at man utd and i cant get my funds over £30m . They are almost as tight as the glazers in real life.

The budget isn't a separate pot of money you can spend, its how much out of your bank account the board will allow you to spend.

Not spending your transfer budget therefore means more money in your bank account and possibly/probably a larger budget next season.

It seems to me that you are not making enough money and at the same time you have a lot of expenses .I play with a bulgarian team(for the european standards a small team) and my main income are the price money from the european tournaments.Usually i manage to get to the group stage of the CL and if lucky i finish 3rd and continue into Europa League where once i got to the 2nd elimination round.My expenses for a season are around 6-7 mil pound and the income 9-10mil (with no players sold at all).Life is looking good and my team is constantly growing :o

I am very careful with the wage budget and you should be too,especially with a big team you can save a lot of money from wages.Sometimes i do not renew the contracts of very good players because they want a lot of money.Even if i can afford it i do not do it!If i can't sell them till the end of their contracts then i release them.I follow the biggest truth i know from real life-everyone's replaceable :thup:

My point-get rid of players with high salaries and that aren't performing that well.Invest in young talents-hire scouts from different parts of the world and you will receive reports on weekly basis.There will be 2-3 17-18yo players per season that will have the potential to make it to the 1st team in some time.

Just an example:The player below i bought for 150k pound at the age of 17.Currently i am refusing 10mil offers for him

2012020300001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived