Arsene Wengers Transfer Policy

Hi

I want to start a new game with arsenal and was wondering whether anyone knows arsenals policy when it comes to signing new players ie, maximum they will pay on wages etc, as i want to try and dominate europe but carrying on wengers good work. any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi

I want to start a new game with arsenal and was wondering whether anyone knows arsenals policy when it comes to signing new players ie, maximum they will pay on wages etc, as i want to try and dominate europe but carrying on wengers good work. any help would be greatly appreciated

From what i've heard, they like to try and keep everyone on around the same wage when they join, however performances and fear of losing key players may lead them to increasing..but they cetainly wouldn't go far over the £50,000 per week mark for a player, and i'd venture a guess that most of the squad is on between £20,000 and £40,000.

This is why a lot of players leave Arsenal for seemingly little reason (i.e. Hleb, Flamini, Pires).

With regard to transfer fees, i don't think Arsenal have ever signed anyone for £15,000,000 since Wenger was there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> This is why a lot of players leave Arsenal for seemingly little reason (i.e. Hleb, Flamini, Pires). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't aware that either Hleb or Flamini left. Also Pires moved because he couldn't get more than a one year contract.

Wenger will most likely look around £50k for most players but will obviously increase that for certain players, Fabregas for example.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wakers:

This is why a lot of players leave Arsenal for seemingly little reason (i.e. Hleb, Flamini, Pires).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow you know more than Wenger himself.

Pires left as he could not get more than a one year contract as Neji rightly says. Same with Campbell and Ljunberg etc. Anyone over 30 only gets offered a one year deal which is common knowledge.

What Wenger does is use performance bonus's in the transfer deal. Walcott's potential transfer for example could raise to £12m IF he fulfills the terms in the contract, national call-ups, Arsenal success etc. He was only bought for £6m.

Reyes' deal was in the same boat. £12m paid raiseing to £19m depending on club success.

PLus if you want to emulate Wenger you will have to put buy-back clauses in the vast majority of your deals just in case the player fulfills his potential.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bridport_james:

Our transfer record is something like £11m for Sylvain Wiltord, ages ago... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> 13m actually icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arsenal71:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bridport_james:

Our transfer record is something like £11m for Sylvain Wiltord, ages ago... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> 13m actually icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

double whami!

new club record 17 million

jose antonio reyes

i support man u

and even i know that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wakers:

for the clever people who replied to my post, I obviously meant that Hleb and Flamini are thinking of leaving because Wenger won't offer them huge deals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing to do with lack of sucess over the last three years then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

for the clever people who replied to my post, I obviously meant that Hleb and Flamini are thinking of leaving because Wenger won't offer them huge deals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing to do with lack of sucess over the last three years then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Flamini looks like he is going to either AC Milan and Juventus espescially Milan are on a downward spiral and Juve arent the side they used to be so i would say its more than likely its about money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mwalker99:

No Flamini looks like he is going to either AC Milan and Juventus espescially Milan are on a downward spiral and Juve arent the side they used to be so i would say its more than likely its about money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think one poor season for a team that won the Champions League last season and were in the final 3 seasons ago can be classed as a downward spiral, especially considering they have been more successful than Arsenal as they have won a trophy in the last three years. As for Juve, top three in first season since returning to the top flight would suggest they may be a force next season.

I agree that money will play a major part, but lack of trophies and an ultimately meaningless three years will also be a key factor.

for the clever people who replied to my post, I obviously meant that Hleb and Flamini are thinking of leaving because Wenger won't offer them huge deals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>FYI It has nothing to do with Wenger at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arsenal71:

for the clever people who replied to my post, I obviously meant that Hleb and Flamini are thinking of leaving because Wenger won't offer them huge deals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>FYI It has nothing to do with Wenger at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm actually it does. The manager has a big role to play in terms of contracts and transfers, Wenger will take the brunt of responsibility if Flamini leaves on a free.

for the clever people who replied to my post, I obviously meant that Hleb and Flamini are thinking of leaving because Wenger won't offer them huge deals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>FYI It has nothing to do with Wenger at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know this? Is it fact or personal belief?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow you know more than Wenger himself.

Pires left as he could not get more than a one year contract as Neji rightly says. Same with Campbell and Ljunberg etc. Anyone over 30 only gets offered a one year deal which is common knowledge.

What Wenger does is use performance bonus's in the transfer deal. Walcott's potential transfer for example could raise to £12m IF he fulfills the terms in the contract, national call-ups, Arsenal success etc. He was only bought for £6m.

Reyes' deal was in the same boat. £12m paid raiseing to £19m depending on club success.

PLus if you want to emulate Wenger you will have to put buy-back clauses in the vast majority of your deals just in case the player fulfills his potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually the walcott deal is £9.1 million and wont go above that as southampton had to redo the deal because they needed more money

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

How do you know this? Is it fact or personal belief? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no thats a fact, since dein left ken friar negotiates contracts, wenger is told whats happening but he does not have the final say on contract negotiations

Archived