Steam....

Just how bloody secure is this Steam? I can't log in to my account and I can't accesses my Football Manger now because someone has hacked my Steam account. Everytime I try to log in I just get a message saying my account is already in use at another machine. has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to sort it out?

Attention S.I....... I never had these problems with 'play out of the box' software!!!!

How do you connect to the internet?

I've found that if you use a proxy connection then Steam sometimes thinks that you're accessing your account from a new computer each time you log in so requires you to go through their code verification process.

No proxy, just a bog standard log in mate.

Contact Steam support or visit their forums?

One thing to try is simply rebooting? Sorry if you've already done this, I don't know what actions you've taken to remedy it.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling steam

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9609-OBMP-2526

Thanks mate, I've already contacted Steam, about two hours ago and heard nothing off them yet.

I've tried rebooting and I've also tried accessing my Steam account direct and not through the FM icon but I can't access it at all, by uninstalling, do you mean 'steam' or FM or both?.... (this is very, very annoying! It might make your game safer from pirates SI but it's not much damn good to your honest, paying customers)!

Doesn't it also require your email for the "new computer" code? Mine does every time I try to log into my account on a PC I have not logged in on before.

What are you on about? It isn't a new computer, it's the same one I've always used.

What are you on about? It isn't a new computer, it's the same one I've always used.

Prevents hacking, just sounds like to me that you need to restart your PC. With steam guard on someone would have to acquire your email password and your steam password

It can take Steam up to 24 hours to respond. That's been my experience with them. But in dealing with the problem they are very quick getting back to you after that.

This is what Steam Support says

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=75&t=qanda#9730-WOCB-5497

What may have happened is that there could have been internet lag and your account signed in an out quickly, this might cause Steam to think you were being hacked and then temporarily locked you out.

Follow the guides in the Support.

Thanks Eugene but everything I try is getting nowhere! Stupid Steam keep asking me to log in to my account to get to the support forum, which I can't do of course because Stupid Steam is not recognizing my damn password.....GGRRRRRRRRRR!!! SI should damn well sort these issues out, they're the ones who make us use bloody steam!!

A while ago a 15 year old hacked Steam. There was no guarantee of passwords being taken but better safe than sorry. Have you changed your password since that happened?

Regardless, I wish you luck getting your account back.

Thanks Eugene but everything I try is getting nowhere! Stupid Steam keep asking me to log in to my account to get to the support forum, which I can't do of course because Stupid Steam is not recognizing my damn password.....GGRRRRRRRRRR!!! SI should damn well sort these issues out, they're the ones who make us use bloody steam!!

IIRC, support account is different from the steam account. at least it was for me, when i had to use. I remember having create a forum account.

A while ago a 15 year old hacked Steam. There was no guarantee of passwords being taken but better safe than sorry. Have you changed your password since that happened?

Regardless, I wish you luck getting your account back.

No mate, I've not been able to change a damn thing, it won't let me in to anything past a 'log in' stage.

And I'm very pi**ed of with SI games, they're the ones who put this game under Steam and they're the ones who should be jumping all over Steam when they let things like this happen.

your steam support forum account is different from your steam account. It doesnt exist by default, so you will have to create one

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam? I posted a link to it already on exactly how to do it via the Steam support.

Yes mate I've tried that and still can not get access to my account nor play FM of course and so far I still have not had a single word off Steam, it's simpley a complete rubbish system and I'm totally pi**ed off with SI games for using it....

Thanks for the help by the way guys....

Just how bloody secure is this Steam? I can't log in to my account and I can't accesses my Football Manger now because someone has hacked my Steam account. Everytime I try to log in I just get a message saying my account is already in use at another machine. has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to sort it out?

Attention S.I....... I never had these problems with 'play out of the box' software!!!!

This is a Steam issue..so you should ideally msg steam support instead of wasting your and our time with rage-posts, since if your account has been hacked then you need to get this sorted out quickly.

Also fyi, you cannot log into your account on more than 1 machine at the same time.

And steam is amazing, it's one of the top gaming platforms and just because you had a bad experience with it does not mean SI should go back to their old system..pros of steam far out-weight the cons imo.

This is a Steam issue..so you should ideally msg steam support instead of wasting your and our time with rage-posts, since if your account has been hacked then you need to get this sorted out quickly.

Also fyi, you cannot log into your account on more than 1 machine at the same time.

And steam is amazing, it's one of the top gaming platforms and just because you had a bad experience with it does not mean SI should go back to their old system..pros of steam far out-weight the cons imo.

I've already stated in the above posts, I am not trying to log in on two machine, I only have the one. I've also stated above that I have contacted Steam several times and still have had no reply from them. I'm very pleased for you being totally happy with Steam but I can assure you there are thousands maybe even millions of people world wide who are not, all you have to do is read posts in other forums and you know this. There are people in this thread trying to help out and it's very much appreciated, so the only one 'wasting your time' is you! Did I ask you to join in this thread? NO! So if you have no interest why even bother posting here?

I think there might be something else at play here.

Have you got any anti-virus or has that updated recently? Has Windows recently updated your computer?

Check to make sure that Steam is allowed on your Firewall - http://techie-buzz.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-add-exceptions-to-windows-firewall.html

When was the last time you "cleaned" your computer.

I recommend downloading CCleaner and look online for tips on the settings.

It might, just might, not even be a Steam issue. Just that Steam is being affected here.

Just for the record. SI have said that they saw a vast increase in sales, and less pirated copies. It took a week to crack the game. And the results of Steam were so successful that they were able to hire in more staff to work on the game.

It has been a brilliant success for SI, as far as I can see. I hope they keep on using it, but I also hope that they learn from these errors people are getting and work with Steam to make them less regular and/or easier to fix.

Just another thought. I do not know how long you have had FM12. Was it new out of the box then activated on Steam? Was it bought direct from Steam? Was it bought second-hand (we have heard stories that some shops are selling FM even though it has a unique activation method)?

I would create new log-in re the Forum as it is separate, that has already been suggested but it will allow you to contact Steam.

Sorry if I am covering old ground but good luck.

Problem is he can't log into steam, I thought? Buying the game second hand or any other way wouldn't affect that.

Sorry yes, I just reread the OP. If it was hacked then that would suggest key-loggers! Another thought, your younger brother/cousin/mate has not borrowed your account?

Was it bought second-hand (we have heard stories that some shops are selling FM even though it has a unique activation method)?

This has always puzzled me, what to people think they are buying on ebay? I have seen some going for over a tenner when it clearly says the code has been used. Is it legal to just be selling the disk so someone also has to buy the game code as well so they can play it?

I think some people see it as a way to make money back on the game buy selling the disk which is useless without a code.

I do hope the OP gets this sorted, I think in reality a lot of people have steam issues but I disagree that millions hate steam, I think millions have issues but still like steam because of its many many benefits.

I have always found Steam support to be punctual and clear but they do have a two strikes and you are out rule to stop people taking advantage of their good customer service.

I think there might be something else at play here.

Have you got any anti-virus or has that updated recently? Has Windows recently updated your computer?

Check to make sure that Steam is allowed on your Firewall - http://techie-buzz.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-add-exceptions-to-windows-firewall.html

When was the last time you "cleaned" your computer.

I recommend downloading CCleaner and look online for tips on the settings.

It might, just might, not even be a Steam issue. Just that Steam is being affected here.

Yes Eugene, I'm using Kaspersky which updates automatically about 5 times a day, I've checked and Steam is still where it should be, in the allow access box so there seems to be nothing any different there from when I last played FM a few days back.

I use Revo Pro or cleaning and do this pretty much once a fortnight, I did used to use CC but found out it was still leaving a lot of rubbish behind after running it.

The reason I feel so strongly that it is a Steam issue/or hacked of course, is because I can't even log into their website either, for some reason everything to do with Steam is just refusing to recognize my details.

There are a couple or so threads on here from guys who have had similar problems where they could no longer access the game because Steam wouldn't log them in but I can't remember the thread titles now, I'll have a search for them later and see what they ended up having to do.....

Hello,

Was just having a read through. Couple of things:

- Your login to Steam is different to your login to their forums etc. I can't see whether you've clarified that you're aware of that - if you want to reach out to them you'd need to create a login there.

- Their support generally takes around 24-48 hours to respond but for the most part is pretty good with issues like this so I would expect them to sort you out.

Cheers

Matt

Just another thought. I do not know how long you have had FM12. Was it new out of the box then activated on Steam? Was it bought direct from Steam? Was it bought second-hand (we have heard stories that some shops are selling FM even though it has a unique activation method)?

I would create new log-in re the Forum as it is separate, that has already been suggested but it will allow you to contact Steam.

Sorry if I am covering old ground but good luck.

Thanks mate, i took your advice yesterday and was able to get in to contact 'support', I've mailed them twice explaining exactly what my problem is and up to right now, I've received nothing at all from them, not even an acknowledment that they've recived my message.

Re:- The game..... Yes it was a brand new DVD sealed in it's box, it installed without problem both game side and Steam side of things, I've played a full season and a half without any issue until early yesterday when this happened.

Hello,

Was just having a read through. Couple of things:

- Your login to Steam is different to your login to their forums etc. I can't see whether you've clarified that you're aware of that - if you want to reach out to them you'd need to create a login there.

- Their support generally takes around 24-48 hours to respond but for the most part is pretty good with issues like this so I would expect them to sort you out.

Cheers

Matt

OK thanks for joining in here Matt, yes Kazza explained that to me yesterday mate and I have now been able to contact Steam support but I still have no reply from them.... I hate this damn Steam, I've had bad issuse with them for pretty much every game I've ever run through them!

Yes Eugene, I'm using Kaspersky which updates automatically about 5 times a day, I've checked and Steam is still where it should be, in the allow access box so there seems to be nothing any different there from when I last played FM a few days back.

I use Revo Pro or cleaning and do this pretty much once a fortnight, I did used to use CC but found out it was still leaving a lot of rubbish behind after running it.

The reason I feel so strongly that it is a Steam issue/or hacked of course, is because I can't even log into their website either, for some reason everything to do with Steam is just refusing to recognize my details.

There are a couple or so threads on here from guys who have had similar problems where they could no longer access the game because Steam wouldn't log them in but I can't remember the thread titles now, I'll have a search for them later and see what they ended up having to do.....

On the contrary, the CCleaner is the most comprehensive, it was actually recommended to me by a Microsoft employee as the most comprhensive cleaning tool. Although, that could be BS.

So has your Windows firewall turned on too? I had a windows update that updated my system and switched on the Firewall.... this meant I had 2 firewalls running which = bad. Turn off the Windows firewall. And make sure your AV software is set to allow.

Sorry yes, I just reread the OP. If it was hacked then that would suggest key-loggers! Another thought, your younger brother/cousin/mate has not borrowed your account?

No mate, I live alone, no-one else ever uses the puter.

On the contrary, the CCleaner is the most comprehensive, it was actually recommended to me by a Microsoft employee as the most comprhensive cleaning tool. Although, that could be BS.

So has your Windows firewall turned on too? I had a windows update that updated my system and switched on the Firewall.... this meant I had 2 firewalls running which = bad. Turn off the Windows firewall. And make sure your AV software is set to allow.

Yes, my windows firewall is off, I always have turned it off for many years, I've just double checked and yes, Steam is 'allowed access'.

This really is beyond a joke now (not that it was funny in the first place). I've still not heard a word from Steam, I can't post in the Steam forums because 24 hours later, I still haven't had my account there activated by an administrator and I still can't play/access FM12.

I know you wont agree with me here but I hold SI games accountable for this to a large degree, I paid my 30 quid to them for their product and I can't use it because they decided to put it in Steam. If there are issuse like this one SI should be the ones sorting it out not me!

Steam probably haven't been back to you on account it being the weekend.

Wait until you hear back from Steam, they are the only one's that can help you. Although I do hope that someone from SI can help escalate your case somehow.

Good luck in getting it sorted out.

Steam probably haven't been back to you on account it being the weekend.

Wait until you hear back from Steam, they are the only one's that can help you. Although I do hope that someone from SI can help escalate your case somehow.

Good luck in getting it sorted out.

Thanks mate and thanks for trying to help out too... I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

This really is beyond a joke now (not that it was funny in the first place). I've still not heard a word from Steam, I can't post in the Steam forums because 24 hours later, I still haven't had my account there activated by an administrator and I still can't play/access FM12.

I know you wont agree with me here but I hold SI games accountable for this to a large degree, I paid my 30 quid to them for their product and I can't use it because they decided to put it in Steam. If there are issuse like this one SI should be the ones sorting it out not me!

I agree with you. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Contacting Steam Support is the only thing you can do to get your account back . sounds to me that you got hijacked ( did you login on a friends house or cyber cafe? )

- reclaiming a lost or hijacked account https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366

-Security recommendations https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478

Contacting Steam Support is the only thing you can do to get your account back . sounds to me that you got hijacked ( did you login on a friends house or cyber cafe? )

- reclaiming a lost or hijacked account https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366

-Security recommendations https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478

I have now contacted Steam support 4 times and 3 days later I have still not had any reply from them. I think it really is time that SI Games got this lot sorted out!

No mate, I have not used any other computer at all, ever for this account. I got an email from Steam asking to verify the email address and ever since then I can not log-in.

Just for the record. SI have said that they saw a vast increase in sales, and less pirated copies. It took a week to crack the game. And the results of Steam were so successful that they were able to hire in more staff to work on the game.

Not true. The game was cracked and available for download on release day. Steam is not a way of protecting a game from pirating and never has been. However, it is a way of reaching gamers who might not look for your genre of game and are introduced to it via steams bullying advertising. It is a game platform not an anti pirate platform.

Fm was not pirated first day, it took 10 days before the first real torrent that worked came online, but that is really besides the point, SI were losing out most on pre-sales being cancelled when the torrent came out before the game, that changed this year and it has done exactly what they wanted it to do, reduce their losses on release day, or rather reduce the chance of losing sales of release day. Steam doesnt have bullying advertising at all, far less than any site like Skysports.com or Facebook.

It is true... Why would SI and Sega say it otherwise??? If it was available then it was a hoax or didn't work properly.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290673-Come-and-join-us

As you may have read in the press, due to FM not being cracked at all for the first 10 days of release (and 5 days before release) and the double digit growth in sales over that time period compared to last year (in a PC market that’s more than 10% down year on year), we’ve got some extra budget to invest in the team. As a result, we’re looking to sign up a few players to our squad at Sports Interactive to help all of the games that we’re working on in what will be our 20th year of releasing games.

It is true... Why would SI and Sega say it otherwise??? If it was available then it was a hoax or didn't work properly.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290673-Come-and-join-us

There is a hacked copy of this game that works perfectly well because I know someone who is playing it and it doesn't need bloody Steam!

I'm not condoning this at all but i can fully understand why people would when you look at the situation I'm in now after paying out nearly 30 quid and not being able to do anything.

Anyway.... I have finally had my support forum account activated this afternoon and posted in there for help so fingers crossed I might start getting somewhere now.

He isnt saying the game wasnt hacked at all, SI always said they wanted to reduce or eliminate pre-release piracy and the loss of pre-orders of FM because said pirate copy was available to them instead. That is exactly what happened this year.

I didn't say he was, i was just saying that there is.

Archived