higgins

20120202-ckmu3f5c2w7eis9dqus8gy2421.png

Kick off, throw in, have a little scrimmage,

Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;

On the ball, City, never mind the danger,

Steady on, now's your chance,

Hurrah! We've scored a goal.

City!, City!, City!

A bit bored with my actual FM career and really impressed by Paul Lambert's side in these last years I decided to start a save with Norwich City; FM 12 rate the Canaries quite low, media predicted to finish 20th in the EPL after their comeback and with a red bank balance, they should be a decent challenge. I'll try to keep things realistic and have a good amount of fun managing them, of course I'll employ a classic English tactic: a flat 4-4-2.

Leagues loaded: England, Scotland, France, Germany, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Slovakia, 45.000 players loaded.

Budget: 3 M (transfers) and 12 M (wages) to avoid relegation.

I'll be back soon with my first transfers and some words about my players.

Carrow Road, here I am! ;)

20120203-jp7nw418fagbteg5uptbr58uik.png

The market window isn't closed yet, but I almost spent my whole budget and I'm happy with my transfers so far, firstly I largely improved club finances, -700k at the start, +4.4M now, then I slightly reduced total players wages to 9,6M as well.

I'm usually not a big spender and I'm aware that a sound financial situation is a good starting point if you want to assure a bright future to your club.

My most expensive signing was Daniel Pudil from Genk, a Czech winger with good defensive skills, I probably paid too much for him but I was looking for a defensive winger on the left and he could be the right man.

John Fleck arrived from Rangers to provide adequate cover to Hoolahan upront, while Luca Marrone, Juventus next big thing, should be our main playmaker in the middle.

In the poacher role Simeon Jackson will rotate with Steve Morison, however I hive high hopes regarding James Vaughan when he'll be back from his injury.

The main man of my defensive line will be Johan Martial, young and promising French centre-back from Brest.

I put together a really young team, the youngest in the league averaging 23.24 yrs, this season I'm going to save the team from relegation, then, if everything works as planned, we could start to see something interesting at Carrow Road in the next coming years.

20120203-tay34u1n5uft9y12sw9r3522nm.png

UP THE CANARIES!

Letting Grant Holt leave though...big decision! Good luck!
I'll be following, why get rid of Holt though?

I know, but I needed to raise some money and he was the obvious choice, then he wasn't the kind of striker I was looking for, my tactic requires a classic poacher upfront.

Nice job as always,higgins. I think you will do well with the signings. Perhaps a Europa League spot in your 1st season.

Thanks, I don't want to be too ambitious though, the team has some weak links.

August-September 2011

20120204-qtb7q81pim6h8pgnr64rty8wfa.png

We experienced a decent start with good results vs. superior teams like Blackburn, Chelsea and Arsenal, a bit disappointed with the loss, after a poor performance, to Wolves.

My two main strikers, Jackson and Morison were unimpressive so far, rarely capable to put any pressure on our opponents defensive line; Vaughan, my other striker, is slowly recovering from his injury so he should be ready to lead our attacking line soon, Martial was voted as Best EPL young player in August.

League table: 11th

October 2011

20120204-kksibwbt1big9w7fstumay2aj1.png

Never say never...just when I thought my strikers were no premiership material, Simeon Jackson decided to have a terrific month, 6 goals in 4 games played, with an impressive display vs. Manchester Utd. included.

To be honest I tweaked a bit his settings and now he seems to work better with Hoolahan.

An unbeaten month is always positive, we missed a big chance to do even better when we drew against a ten men Q.P.R. (Traorè sent off after 24'), however we progressed in the cup as well, Chelsea our next opponent.

Steven Morison asked to leave, he wants to be regular and I accepted to let him go in January, he didn't impress me so much.

League table:10th

Archived