Ever managed two clubs at once in the same save under diffrent manager names

Ever managed two clubs at once in the same save under diffrent manager names?

the reason i ask is i'm caught in two minds i caught alfrenton to the premier league 3rd season in i'm fighting for a top 4 place for the second season tin a row, i finshed 3rd last season.

but one of the clubs i support rangers in scotland have been **** not finished in the top 2 in like 5 seasons, i'm in the year 2021 should i create a new manager and still play as alfrenton and the other with rangers.

reason i ask as i want to stay at alfrenton and win a few prems, but in the same moment i want to revive rangers as a force again, should i leave alfrenton would i get he job again in a few years to go back?

I think if you have managed Alfreton to the Premier League you should probably be able to spell their name correctly ;)

I've tried it occasionally but I never get very far, I tended to neglect one team and favour another. My suggestion would probably be to save a backup now in case things don't work out, but add a new manager and try things out for a bit. If you find yourself neglecting Rangers then just retire your new manager, if you find yourself neglecting Alfreton then retire your Rangers manager and apply for the job with your existing manager. And if you enjoy it then happy days!

I think if you have managed Alfreton to the Premier League you should probably be able to spell their name correctly ;)

I've tried it occasionally but I never get very far, I tended to neglect one team and favour another. My suggestion would probably be to save a backup now in case things don't work out, but add a new manager and try things out for a bit. If you find yourself neglecting Rangers then just retire your new manager, if you find yourself neglecting Alfreton then retire your Rangers manager and apply for the job with your existing manager. And if you enjoy it then happy days!

hah i added 1 letter extra come on, also i will join Rangers but will i be able to get my old job back in a few years or would the club not take me back?

I haven't done it yet in FM12 ... but I have done it many times in previous versions. I always manage Bath City in England, but also my local danish side, Fremad Amager. So it is definitely possible. It just takes a lot longer to get through the seasons, and it also means that I have less focus on the Reserves and U-teams as I would like. They almost feel like extra teams already.

Currently on a 3 manager save here. 2 started unemployed ending up at Bradford and Lucena. Added a third unemployed manager after the first season ending up with Heidenheim (German third tier).

I tend to get too frustrated with my saves when I'm on a loosing streak. Having three teams at the same time, I can avoid those overall frustrating moments as there'll be always one team with good performances/promising youth/...

But I'll never manage with 2 guys in the same country and neither buy players nor use the scouting knowledge of the other clubs.

Works great for me!

I did it once for a while after a hotseat game fizzled out on one of the older titles (I think it was CM99-00) when a mate and I took charge of Inter and AC Milan to go head-to-head for domestic and European glory. Unfortunately his evenings ceased to be available for coming round to my house for FM as frequently, so I took to managing AC on his behalf as my Inter were flying and I didn't want to wait for him to be available. Of course, it got silly pretty quickly as whenever the sides met I was openly favouring Inter, so I ended up just retiring his player and carrying on solo. As an aside that save probably became my most successful save ever - something like 6 consecutive seasons of winning Serie A and the CL before the save got too big for my old crappy computer to load.

As far as current FMs go I don't think I could hack it. I rely on getting to know my squad to a high level, so that I instinctively know which players can stand in for others due to injury or suspension, who to bring on for tactical reasons during a match, etc. I think if I had 2 or more squads to worry about I would struggle to maintain a sufficient level of squad knowledge.

Archived