How many leagues / how big a database do you play with?

Since my computer is pretty ancient, I usually don't play with too many leagues. I'm currently playing with a large database, running 38 active leagues spread over 18 nations. This gives me a total of 75,000 players, which is my recommended limit, according to the game.

Still, I can't help being nagged by a feeling that this is not enough, and that my game experience is being held back. I see people around the forums playing with over 200,000 players, and I'm thinking that my game would be better and more realistic if I could have more leagues going.

What do you think? How many leagues / players do you play with, and how do you think it impacts your game? Is it time for me to upgrade my hardware so that I can run a gigantic database?

I've read its more down to number of leagues than players so I think you better load up less leagues and than manually add players from countries you think you may want.

Regards to leagues it's easier now as if you want you can add /remove any leagues and they (dis)appear at the start of the next season.

Archived