Popular Manager?... after just 7 weeks in charge?

Hey guys,

Quick question....

I'm managing in the Scottish 3rd division (Queen's Park)....As the title shows, I have only been in charge for 7 weeks but at the Pre-match screen it says "Popular manager Nabil (which is me) has been in charge of Queen's Park for 7 weeks having joined them in June 2010"

fmshot.jpg

How am i "popular" after just 7 weeks? I have set my manager reputation as Automatic...so im basically unknown in the footballing world! :p

Im playing FM11 by the way. :)

ive also asked the same question, i can only put it down to the way you answer/talk to your players and the press.

postive reactions by the players for team talks and any press conferences that you do perhaps. such and such a player is delighted with your comments etc.. and if you do alot of press conferences then the media would like you i guess.

Do you not think Martin O'Neill is a popular manager at Sunderland?

yeah but thats after a fairly sucessful career but he wasnt a popular manager before his wycombe days was he? he built his reputation up etc... and seems a likeable character when he does his press interviews and there isnt many players who have a bad word to say about him. so like the OP says, after only 7 weeks being a popular manager seems abit far fetched, starting off reputation as ex-internation footballer probably helps also.

ive also asked the same question, i can only put it down to the way you answer/talk to your players and the press.

postive reactions by the players for team talks and any press conferences that you do perhaps. such and such a player is delighted with your comments etc.. and if you do alot of press conferences then the media would like you i guess.

Yes, you are absolutely right i think. I have done and am doing everything you stated above which is probably why. I guess it can't do any harm for my career ...and I liked being called a "popular manager!" so I will keep doing what i am doing :p

But my starting rep is not ex-international footballer.....i set it always as Automatic.

Thanks for your reply - It actually does make perfect sense.

Archived