FM11 vs FM12

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on here in a long time for some reason but I'd be happy if you could all offer me some honest advice. I've played a lot of FM11 over the last year, mostly concentrated on a single save, but recently my main file for that got corrupted and the most recent backup save was for about 11 months game time prior. This has somewhat dented my enthusiasm for that save, so I am faced with a decision - start out a completely fresh save, or leave it be and move up to FM12. I've noticed that the latter has become cheap recently (£13.99 on Play.com) so won't be a disaster financially, but how different is it? I've read so many contrasting opinions on whether it's better or worse while reading posts on these forums, so please could anyone who feels inclined outline what the changes/differences in the new version are?

Much obliged.

good stuff, thanks for that! That does pretty much correlate with what I was afraid of (and what stopped me leaping straight in and buying when I saw it for 14 quid on Play). :)

At the £29.99 RRP FM12 is not worth the outlay, for £13.99 however it's worth getting it & waiting until the January transfer patch is released.

Well, I got FM2012, but I dont play it anymore, I went back to FM2011, *but* I mostly did because I have a long-term save on there, if that died, i guess I might be tempted to give Fm2012, a try. Personally I find Fm2012 hard to get into, mostly because I started on the "wrong" type of save I think, and I dont really like the change that gives your assistant awards if you holiday a lot of matches, sure, I could just say it doesnt matter, but It does bother me so I feel I have to play out most matches, which frustrates me.

I hope really for Fm2013 they'd add some way to get through matches faster without having to constatly tweak match speeds for every single game. like if you could skip ahead to 70 minutes (only stopped if there was an injury or sending off etc) to make subs and such, it'd be fun. Sometimes I want to play the entire match, and I like being in control of subs etc, but I dont want to play out every single game, or even more than half of them.

I think FM11 isnt very realistic! For example Romeu isnt at Chelsea, Ashley Young plays for Aston Villa, and Phil Jones still plays for Blackburn!

this is just unacceptable for me, so I like FM12

you think FM11 isn't realistic just for that?

In Fm12

I see Messi, Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema score in every game in my save, Higuain got 70 goals a season in my game and I played with only 1 striker (and I didn't had any super tactics)

My personal opinion is:

due to the considerable bugs, the steam failures, the feeling of the game being slow (playing it on a six-core) and not finished, I would prefer FM11

Archived