Players looking too much at league position and too little at the recent games

So my team as usual went from being unbeatable to the worst heap of **** alive on the planet. We drop 10 places in the league and I arrange a team meeting and tell them it has been ok but there is room for improvement and they go nuts because they think they are playing well. Excuse me but playing well in my book is not horrible defeats against teams that are far below us in quality and getting played of the field game after game. Sure we are now closer to our predicted spot in the league but that doesn't take away the fact the players have put in horrible performances on the pitch for the past 7-10 games and the only reason we are not in the relegation battle is the previous good form they showed. I don't mind losing but I do mind the players looking like they don't even think it is necessary to even try to play something remotly associated with football and then sit and say they are playing good.

Team on a poor run of form...

[Calm] "I'm keen to ensure our heads don't drop..."

*Ask captain*

*Ask room*

*Ask room*

[Passionately] "That's exactly the sort of reaction I was looking for"

= 15+ react well, 0 react badly. Almost every time.

Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering baffling losses in form too. Always Jan/Feb.

The thing is.mimland,that football is about reputation. newspapers and journalists are always there to welcome any crisis inside your club. So if you didn't prevented the crisis(most likely some of your actions caused it), you should at least show up at the press conferences to try some sort of management 'to pass the message you want' before you lose 10 in a row. its not everything about tactics,if you dont act... you know what follows:D

I'm fully aware that this game is 90% reputation and morale, 9% luck and 1% tactics and player quality. And at the moment I'm not even sure what that has to do with the initial question or complaint or whatever to call it. My frustration isn't that I need to pamper my players egos or suck up to the media it is the utter stupidity of either the phrasing or the lack of intelligence shown by the game.

Archived