FM12 the best ever?

I have got to say, I am loving the new FM12.

After playing the game around 15 years or so, I absoutely love FM12. I have purchased every version since Championship Manager 97/98. I just love this current one. The 3D pitch/match engine is great, tactics, training, everything. This has to be my favourite version of the game since FM08

Now, I must get back to my Hastings United save!

firstly nice to share that you think its the best but honestly why do people always have to put ive bought and played every version since 97/98. seems everyone hadnt bothered before with cm/fm. and why state since when you have been playing? i honestly dont think this adds to anything on your statement.

but thats my opinion since (insert sarcasm here) ive been playing since the amiga days

Boruc any chance you thought that 2008 was the best cos it was really easy to win everything with Celtic?

I really like 2012, there are hundreds of faults, but every year people win by doing something unrealistic, be it doing unrealistic free transfers or whatever.

All of these are still possible in 12, but with each version comes miniscule steps in the right direction.

I've been playing this game since it was called Subbuteo, I even bought the Sensible Soccer Edition. FM 2012 is pretty damn good, but could be better, especially for the Lower League Managers as outlined in another thread around here.

I imagine that I shall continue to buy FM every year in the hope that eventually SI will use the cash to absolutely master this game.

FM2012 is the best. From one year to the next it is all about iteration and we are in essence playing the same game. I will never go back to say FM2007. It doesn't make sense to stay in the past like some do instead of trying to push the game into becoming even better.

FM2012 is the best. From one year to the next it is all about iteration and we are in essence playing the same game. I will never go back to say FM2007. It doesn't make sense to stay in the past like some do instead of trying to push the game into becoming even better.
Surely staying with, say, FM07 will push the game into becoming better? Because people have no reason to upgrade.

My only complaint at the moment is the amount of high quality free players/youngsters, there's too many of them.

Other than that and since they fixed the goal kick bug, i'm loving everything else!

What was the goal kick bug? Not come across that myself

firstly nice to share that you think its the best but honestly why do people always have to put ive bought and played every version since 97/98. seems everyone hadnt bothered before with cm/fm. and why state since when you have been playing? i honestly dont think this adds to anything on your statement.

but thats my opinion since (insert sarcasm here) ive been playing since the amiga days

Bloomin hell, your life must be pretty near to perfect if this is the sort of thing that pee's you off.

CM97/98 is the best version there's ever been in my opinion. There's only one Viktor Leonenko!

I went back to Fm2011 myself - largely because I just havent been able to get into a good save in 2012 due to time, feels easier to continue 2011, that and there's a few features in 2012 I dont like. For example I dont like assistants getting manager awards, means I have to invest too much time into the game if I want to guarantee I get them myself. Sure, In my.. two seasons of 2012 I managed to avoid assistant getting awards, but I fear that it might happen, or I might miss out on one because of holidaying some matches.

I really want a feature where i can skip to say 70 minutes in a game (stopping sooner for red cards and injuries) and make subs and then just skip to the end.

I play more to develop squads than actually manage match-days, but I always manage important matches.

There's a few 'best ever?'-type threads on here, but such a thing doesn't really exist as its all a matter of personal opinion/taste.

But I'm currently looking at editing FM08 again, so guess which my favourite is..? :)

I don't think 08 will ever be beaten now with the way FM has gone since. FM12 is a very good game, but I find it much harder to get in to with its complexities and jumbled UI.

If I take a break from a game for a week then come back to it and it takes me hours to get back into the swing of things again, it's too much hastle, which is what happens whenever I play FM12.

FM08 is very deep and complex, yet so simple to use and that's why it's my personal favourite of the entire series.

Archived