Worth £16.25million?

My scouts just came accross this German 14-year-old who plays for Leverkusen, i couldn't Approach to sign him so i enquired about him and then print screen to show you guys.... i have just had a reply from Leverkusen asking for £16.25million plus 25% of profit from next sale.

Just asking for a little help from you guys and want to know is he worth it and does he look like he could turn into a world class player?

2qknwpd.jpg

He's a bit slow, but that could be fixed through training, he is young after all. His composure could be better too, but I'm sure that'll improve as well. Starting with that finishing and off the ball is fantastic at least. You can probably whittle them down from their requested amount though. I'd definitely try and get rid of any clauses.

at 14 there is no way with those stats hes worth 16.5 million. firstly depending on which club you are as you dont state that in your post. try declaring interest etc etc to start to unsettle him (this is no way easy in this game compared to previous years). keep scouting him and id put in an first offer of £7.5 million and probably 1m in future clauses. keep edging up but i wouldnt personally pay more than £9million. he looks good but thats not always how they turn out

just my opinion

Looks like a good player for sure, and the price is just... well, Leverkusen's way of saying "bugger off he is not for sale, but if you are silly enough you can have him for...."

The downside is you will have to pay through the nose to get him. Even at £7.5 million, I'd say that is too much, maybe just keep an eye on him and see how is value goes.

Me personally I would leave him, young kids I limit myself to about £2.5 - 3 million and they are still rated to 4 stars.

Good potential, but where there is one there is more,..... walk away

It is too risky signing youngsters that need successful tutoring in order to reach their potential for that price. He should be an ambitious model professional with at least 17 in Determination and Natural Fitness for me to even consider such a signing.

If he's going to develop into a world-class player (looks like he definitely could given the correct training), you have to take into account his price when he's say, 23. Could be as high as £50m, which makes the £16.75 look like peanuts. I have to say I've never spent above £8m on a 14/15/16 year old, but when I do spend those prices I always justify it to myself by imaging the huge price I could be paying a few years down the line.

Worth the risk imo, get rid of any sell on clauses (unless you plan to keep him his entire career), and really push to try and get the price down even a little. Needs desperate work on his speed and composure too.

Edit> Ah, just spotted his Determination stat. I'd bail... :D

he's 14 , you got 8 years of tutoring at most :D

determination can improve very easy with tutoring

in 1 year I bet I will get his determination over 15

sign the player, but negociate to get a lower price

do you use FMRTE or some other third party application? my thoughts are this guy has potential > 180

he's 14 , you got 8 years of tutoring at most :D

determination can improve very easy with tutoring

in 1 year I bet I will get his determination over 15

sign the player, but negociate to get a lower price

do you use FMRTE or some other third party application? my thoughts are this guy has potential > 180

I have found the success rate of tutoring in FM12 to be far less impressive than in FM11. I did manage to make a 15-year-old with determination 9 into a professional 19 Determination world class left-back, but I paid like 1.5m for him not 16. I also hired Evra and another former world-class left back to tutor him and spent a few million on that as well (they were 35+ y.o). But this was in FM11 and I have had nowhere near the same success shaping players in FM12. There are also a lot more "1st team ready" youngsters appearing now than in FM11 (I suppose they have re-balanced this), so you should be able to find similar prospects with much better personalities - and then it is not good business signing him for 16m.

I wouldn't pay that much for the player.. try get the price down a good bit before you think about buying him.... i just signed a 15 year old French cm.. i notice i could offer a contract for1.9 million compensation.. his value was only 1.5m million so i offered a bit off 1.9m to see if they would accept and they didn't so i just paid the compensation.. well worth the 1.9m

Yeah id just like to say there is actually no way id be offering that amount of money for him but a couple of his stats did catch my eye and im keen to keep an eye on him to see if he can develop more in Germany before i make any moves. although i would like to sign him myself and train him up to see what he could become. I just thought id share him with you guys and see(if i eventually signed him) what i could do with him

Archived