Owning your stadium

Are there any benefits to owning your stadium? Yes I understand that you don't pay rent but there's still maintenance. Are concession sales increased? Do I get more fans into the arena? Will it be easier to expand it?

For some idiotic reason I asked my board to buy out my arena and they did. You gotta try it at some point, right? All I seem to have gotten is a sky high €100M loan in return that costs me at least €800K per month - now my question is if my owning the stadium offsets that figure and that it's a financially sound idea. Otherwise I'm scr*w*ed for 25 years in game. That would suck.

You can expand a stadium you own. You can't expand a stadium you're renting. That's a reasonable enough reason in my books. I don't know about the effects on day-to-day income and expenses, though.

Also, if your board decides to build your own stadium, you might get a sponsorship deal that offsets the loan cost, sometimes more than offsets. That happened to me in my current save with the first club I was in. I don't think it happens when you buy an existing stadium, though.

Thanks for the quick reply hugo.

I hope your're right. I'm still some way off from expanding (my average attendance is pretty poor atm even after a ligue title) and I hope that it will be worth it in the long run. I for some reason asked them to buy the stadium and not build a new one (I assume just fearing more debt) - that can be up to the board to do. Maybe the likelyhood of building a new stadium is higher now when the club owns and can sell the existing plot of land?

My guess is that you'd now have a lower chance to build a new stadium, considering the club would be stuck with loan repayments on the existing stadium for 25 years. Even if the old stadium is sold it won't cover the loan that was taken out for its purchase.

Archived