Coaches poached.

Too many times all my efforts in finding decent coaches just goes to waste. Yet another save game where at the end of the season Man Utd make an offer for one of my youth coaches (Kevin Ball) so I offer him a new contract. He accepts. Two weeks later Chelsea offer him a contract and I cannot offer him another as my wage offer for youth coach won't go high enough. Now he has gone and the search for another youth coach ensues.

Can we please see some loyalty in coaching staff in FM 13. Especially when that coach is an ex player who has been at the club for years as a coach.

Of course it is a question of loyalty. 2 weeks prior to him leaving he signed a new 5 year contract. Then he goes and leaves, if that isn't a question of loyalty I think I need to reread the dictionary.

Would you have stayed in real life? I know I won't. At least you got a flarge fee, due to his long contract.

Would you have stayed in real life? I know I won't. At least you got a flarge fee, due to his long contract.

Actually yes I would of stayed. Ex captain of the team, been coaching there since retirement from playing and a major part of the youth setup. Shaking hands and signing a 5 year deal then leaving 2 weeks later for £200/week more just would never happen.

Tell you what. Go to QPR now and try to hire any of Mark Hughes' staff who follow him from job to job. I bet if you double their wages they still wouldn't go to another club just to do the same job they are currently doing. Loyalty in backroom staff is very strong in real life. Especially when that member of staff is part of the infrastructure.

Actually yes I would of stayed. Ex captain of the team, been coaching there since retirement from playing and a major part of the youth setup. Shaking hands and signing a 5 year deal then leaving 2 weeks later for £200/week more just would never happen.

Tell you what. Go to QPR now and try to hire any of Mark Hughes' staff who follow him from job to job. I bet if you double their wages they still wouldn't go to another club just to do the same job they are currently doing. Loyalty in backroom staff is very strong in real life. Especially when that member of staff is part of the infrastructure.

Agree with you here :) youll find a lot of time when a new manager is hired so is an AssMan and vica versa with sackings

I hate coaches being poached.

You should at least have the option to offer them a contract first. Instead the game just rolls on and you realise your coaches are gone.

Rule of thumb - hire coaches that are good but very low reputation.

or hire coaches that are world class and pay them redonkulous wages so nobody is tempted to poach them.

There seems to be a great deal of coach poaching in this game. I have managed to thwart three attempts, but have also lost two coaches. The last one, I happened to miss the news item, as such, missed the opportunity to offer an improved contract.

The QPR comment is quite valid, as in the game for example you are asked whether you will be bringing in any of your own team. Now as the game progresses it makes it increasingly difficult to build a solid, loyal, back room team if there are continual attempts to poach them.

Chelsea are the biggest raiders in my save, makes me want to wait for Roman in a car park and slap him like a red headed step child, and, tell him to bugger off and leave my back room team alone.:D

• 1 month later...

I find it much more annyoing that i can´t tell the game to freaking stop when one of my coaches gets offered by another club, happens quite regularly that i simply sim over it (have continous game timeout option) and when i notice he has been offered, he´s allready gone.

Mind you that doesn´t have to be a week, sometimes that all happens within a day or 2 after he gets offered initially.

It should be either an option to stop the sim when an offer come in or have the coach come to you and ask for a raise or in some cases just a simple note stating "boss, i´ll move on regardless". I don´t mind coaches being poached, i do mind that i don´t get notified and that it is too cut and dry (if you offer a contract you can allways keep him, if you don´t in time you allways loose him)

Staff's club loyalty is def too low. Unlike Steve Odom a few posts up here, most people have a sense of loyalty to their employer, and don't simply go where the pay is better, no matter what. Especially with football clubs; Staff that are at their favourite club would in most cases be very reluctant to leave for another club, even if the pay would be a bit higher. And when they have just signed a new contract? It wouldn't happen, except in very rare and special circumstances.

I know there exists people without any club loyalties whatsoever, who is only after the money. If I had my way, I would have them all shot in front of their families. Right, Clarkson? ;)

It would be nice to have an option in the coach/scout pages which says "If another team makes an offer for this coach/scout, always make a counter-offer of equal terms."

Job done!

It would be nice to have an option in the coach/scout pages which says "If another team makes an offer for this coach/scout, always make a counter-offer of equal terms."

Job done!

and if he then still leaves under the assumption of "money wasn´t the primary reason" then that´s ok, too, for me. Because there should be poaching and coaches leave (although i don´t think it happens that often IRL, does it ?)

What irks me simply is that i know i can prevent it by offering a contract, but when jumping ahead 2,3 days without getting to the mails i will often miss it and not have the chance to make that offer.

Archived