Is there anyone who has been able to...

...rehabilitate Michael Essien to a decent level at all, or at least to a level where he can be once again considered part of the Chelsea squad if not the first team?

Bearing in mind he, until his two recent serious injuries, one last season keeping him out for a lot of the season and this one post season meaning he's only started featuring tentatively IRL now and comes round about the same time in the game (generally a few months later though). He'd fit nicely into a mid-bottom table team/squad or maybe Celtic/Rangers etc but i've never managed to get him back into the Chelsea team. Despite careful easing back into the team and months and months of matches. I'm now resorting to offloading him for literally any price to simply slash the wage bill. I might even give him a free or try to mutually terminate contract. T'is a sad sad end however, computer wise that is.

All this said from what i've seen IRL from his last four subs appearances he looks like he still has it and could be a real force box to box again, especially with the team we are looking to build in the summer. Anyway, i digress. Anyone had any success? If so could you post screen shots of his player stats and playing stats, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
He did well enugh for me actually.

Not as a Box-To-Box though - his physicals didn't recover enough for that. He was however fine as a Ball Winning Midfielder or as a Defensive Midfielder.

How does he fare against the bigger teams though? I'd rather have Conor Clifford do his job at a much lower wage and home-grown.

Conor Clifford is waste man, i had him on loan my first season with Hearts and he couldnt get in ahead of Eggert Jonsson, Chelsea obviously didnt rate him either since they subsequently sold him to Celtic

I havent come across Essien tbf but if he is really ruined that sucks imo, he is flippin awesome irl and hope he recovers to fitness, btw anyone know is he fit again now for Chelsea?

i always rated him in my top 3 DMC with Mascherano and my fave anchor man Daniele De Rossi but maybe i reminisce to much about FM10 haha

How does he fare against the bigger teams though? I'd rather have Conor Clifford do his job at a much lower wage and home-grown.

He did fairly well if I remeber correctly. Having said that I sold him at the end of season three though, (age/wages), so I can't really remeber too much as that was some time ago.

Conor Clifford is waste man, i had him on loan my first season with Hearts and he couldnt get in ahead of Eggert Jonsson, Chelsea obviously didnt rate him either since they subsequently sold him to Celtic

Yeah, that's just nonsene.

**** i was hoping if you perservered into say until he was 32 with a tough reigime upping his physical stats etc that he would at least return to a top flight defensive ball winner, maybe not the stam for box to box but at least a midfielders. As it seems he is completely irredemable unless you want to play him for a lower class team. I've also noticed at the team i sold him to he's been there two years and had 8 injuries all over 4 weeks.

Archived