The issue with fixtures

Every year there seems to be an issue with the dates of certain fixtures. Usually it seems to be an issue with international fixtures clashing with club fixtures. I cant say that i have seen that this year.

However i have seen in the game i am just playing one of the most bizzare fixture congestions i have ever seen. The following is a quick breakdown of what just happened.

1) Played a league game against St Johnstone on the Sun 9/02/2014

2)PLayed a league game against Dundee Ubtd on the Mon 17/02/2014

3)Played a Europa cup game against FC Kobenhaven on the Thur 20/02/2014

Now i dont know how hard it is for SI to program Fixtures into the game. I also must stress that this is really the only problem i have had withthis years game.

However surely this is an issue as i could have played the Dundee unts game at least 2 days (on the Sat) before i actually palyed it. I am pretty sure in real life that this kind of scenario would not happen and i would have played on the Saturday.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of absurd fixture placement?

It is not the fact i had to play 3 games in 11 days it is the fact that i dont believe that any footbal association would have scheduled a game to go ahead 2 days before a European fixture regardless of TV issues. Especially when i had plaenty of opportunities to play midweek the wek before.

I will check on the Dundee Untd fixtures but even so i feel any football association would have either postponed or brought forward the game in order for there club to have the best chance in Europe.

That's 3 days, not 2. It happens all the time, it's like playing on a Saturday then a Tuesday.

Ok so i was one day out but i have never seen a team play on a Monday night and then a European fixture on the Thursday night.

So i checked Dundee untd fixtures and they also played on the 09/02/2014. There next game was also against me on the 17/02/2014 . It was a TV game but surely they could have had it on the Sunday for TV. I have never heard of a SPL game moved to a Monday for TV purposes.

Before anyone says it. Yes we see it quite a lot over the christmas period in the domestic leagues but i dont think i have ever seen this in this context.

Liverpool did it quite a few times last season, playing Monday then Thursday for the Europa League. They also played a lot of Thursday - Sunday afternoon, which is a shorter gap by a few hours. Nobody complained about this, it does happen all the time.

It's like playing a Wednesday night followed by Saturday afternoon, this again is worse than Monday night to Thursday night.

Ok so i was one day out but i have never seen a team play on a Monday night and then a European fixture on the Thursday night.

So i checked Dundee untd fixtures and they also played on the 09/02/2014. There next game was also against me on the 17/02/2014 . It was a TV game but surely they could have had it on the Sunday for TV. I have never heard of a SPL game moved to a Monday for TV purposes.

Before anyone says it. Yes we see it quite a lot over the christmas period in the domestic leagues but i dont think i have ever seen this in this context.

They used to be when SPL football was shown on TV on a monday night, TV scheduling means its no longer the case, we now have the games on saturday mornings, or now we are starting Friday night games.

I had to play a Danish cup game on a Friday followed by a league game on the Sunday. Admittedly it was against a non-playable team and my stiffs won 6-0, but that's still worse than yours.

Spurs played on a Monday and Thursday in August. Man U away in the league, Hearts at home in Europe.

Also a Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday in September. That's 3 games in 7 days.

Ok so i have heard all the arguments and decided that i was in the wrong. That is until i now have a League game on a Sat, another on a Tues and then a Europa cup 1/4 final 2nd leg on the Thurs.

Surely this can't be right?

That sounds like a fixture pile up. It can happen if you are sucessful in the cups, especially with the Europa League. Games from your league get pushed back to later in the season until there is no room left, so they get squeezed in.

Ok so i have heard all the arguments and decided that i was in the wrong. That is until i now have a League game on a Sat, another on a Tues and then a Europa cup 1/4 final 2nd leg on the Thurs.

Surely this can't be right?

There have been other threads on this issue, with substantially worse congestion than this. As mentioned, it can certainly happen irl if you progress in all the cup competitions. My worst recent example was playing Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs in the space of 11 days, including the FA Cup Final and Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg. The price for winning the 3 cups and having a couple of replays along the way.

Some examples in here, some are quite realistic, some are issues that should be addresses (like playing 3 games in 3 days).

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292184-Can-someone-explain-this-sick-schedule-please

Archived