What can't you bear to watch?

Are there things in the match engine you find too frustrating to watch and so alter your tactics to avoid it happening so much? I'm thinking of things like:

Short throw-ins being passed back out of play or to a now offside player - instead take long throws.

Striker chasing after the ball when offside, which the linesman waits to flag for - move his mentality down.

Match spoiled by fouls - easy tackling.

Free kick taker passing short instead of shooting or crossing into the box - have no other player 'stand with taker'.

Winger dribbles ball out of play - cross from deep instead of byline.

Ball cleared from a corner - gets out to a player I have placed there exactly for this purpose - he then passes back to the player who took the corner, who is ALWAYS offside ... according to the refs. But I can clearly see that when the pass is made, the corner taker has moved himself out from offside.

Also, offsides when players that have just come out from a offside position gets a pass, even though they are no longer in a offside position at the moment the pass was made ...

It goes on.

Pretty much every defensive effort in the game annoys me to watch because it seems terrible everytime. Sofar I haven't found a tweak that would make my players look like thinking humanbeeings instead of traffic cones with lower IQ than shoesize.

I haven't played on FM12 yet (see my new post) but on FM11 I found my players' efforts at 'long' throws to be embarassing. They would, 9 times out of 10, just go straight to the first defender on the near side, who would often be then well positioned to play a pass to start a counter. I conceded more goals as a result of cocked-up long throws than I ever did score goals as a result of doing them correctly, so I eventually ended up specifying players without the long bullet throw attribute to take all my throw-ins to avoid it happening.

I hate it when your player is a dead cert to get to the ball first yet the opposition get there! IE,, I have a player on the edge of the area for defending and offending corners yet he just stands still after a clearance, also my striker stands still after a defensive clearance so the defenders can get there first! On a counter attck from the opposition your 2 defenders run with the only free player and allow the player on the ball to run all the way to the goal! These are just 2 cus I really can't be bothered to go in depth into more instances because I'm lazy but there are many more.

Secondly, Andy23, I'm not a dumb effer who doesn't understand why this happens. It's simply out of my control! Sometimes I read the commentary while it's happening on the 3D match engine and it doesn't even tell the story correctly of what happened!

I'm thoroughly annoyed and frustrated at he last two versions. I actually got Prestatyn into the 1/4 of the Champions League in FM12, still not happy with the 3D match engine defending, not by a long shot. That's just my opinion though.

penalty shoot outs, cannot be bothered with them due to me losing It If a player sticks It right Into the keeper, prefer to nip away for a drink and come back to my victory or defeat

Glad it's not just me!!! For me it's the endless attacks I produce which usually end up safely in their keepers hands or in the crowd, then as I play on key highlights the goalkeeper vanishes until the next highlight. Only for with one minute before half time the goalkeeper doesn't vanish but throws the ball to his full back and then the opposition with some ease pass the ball all the way through my statues to take a 1-0 half time lead!! The curse of the non vanishing goalkeeper when you just know that they are going to score!!

No, I never alter anything. What we see on the match screen is only the 3D interpretation of what goes on, and does not necessarily be a 100% correct of what de ME does. And even if it is - if these tings happen to me, it also happens for the AI opposition. It evens out. Nothing to worry about, it's just a pain to watch.

Are there things in the match engine you find too frustrating to watch and so alter your tactics to avoid it happening so much? I'm thinking of things like:

Short throw-ins being passed back out of play or to a now offside player - instead take long throws.

Striker chasing after the ball when offside, which the linesman waits to flag for - move his mentality down.

Match spoiled by fouls - easy tackling.

Free kick taker passing short instead of shooting or crossing into the box - have no other player 'stand with taker'.

Winger dribbles ball out of play - cross from deep instead of byline.

The tackling bit you do know that having easy tackling would be kinda bad, given that teams against you will still tackle normal.

Archived