Cardiff City under-performing?

I have run multiple 1 season holidays and I have noticed that in each one, Cardiff City finish near the bottom of the Championship. I remember this occurring in FM11 as well.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, as it could be a weird coincidence, but has anyone else noticed Cardiff under-performing in their games?

cardiff are over achievers irl dont forget... the cardiff team on paper is poor compared to the other top 6-8 sides ....

How are they over achievers? They have been pretty consistent for the last 3 years or so. On paper they have a squad equal to anyone else in the Championship, so I'm a bit confused by your post.

2008/2009 Ross McCormack was 2nd highest scorer in the league. And the 6th best defence. Finished 7th in league

2009/2010 Peter Whittingham was joint top scorer. They had 2 players in the op 5 for most assists that season, Whittingham and Bothroyd. Finished 4th in league.

2010/2011 Bothroyd joint 6th top scorer. Bellamy joint 6th with assists. Finished 4th in league.

I don't see how that is really overachieving. It is however consistent and they have some really good players for the league they play in.

In reply to the opening post, they got promoted to the Prem first season on my current save.

I find the same sides always tend to underachieve. Stockport always seem to disappear from playable leagues within a few seasons. Macclesfield have followed them.

Yes, Macclesfield are always relegated for me as well. Haven't seen that happen to Stockport though.

Archived