Giving the ball back

It is really annoying the number of times YOUR team put the ball out of play for one of the opposition players to get treatment and then they do not give you possesion back .

If they kick the ball out your team always gives it back but approx 25% of the time their team does not .

This has also lead to quite a few goals being scored by their team straight from this .

Goalie gets the ball and because their player is rolling about injured kicks the ball out level with the 6 yd box .

They take the throw in to their nearest player, he crosses to far post where their striker stands unmarked and has a free header into the goal

I've not come across the specific problem that the OP is bring up but I do think that the whole system of giving the ball back does not work, if you look at the players they will always take up the their defined throw-in starting positions even though they will not be contesting possession, leaves the team giving back possession too open & easy to counter-attack.

There is also not enough variation on how the ball is given back, it is either given to the farthest player the thrower can reach or put out for a goal kick, this is fine when your in the opponents half but when you're in your own the ball should be given to one of your players who will then boot it back to the opposition keeper.

Finally I'd like to be able to tell my players to not bother kicking the ball out but that would require the ME to be able to handle drop-ball restarts.

Archived