£35 million loyalty bonus

35mil.jpg

Trying to sign David Silva on a free transfer but I have nowhere near to finances to bring him to my club. He asked for 165k a week so I locked it at 68k only for the agent to demand £35 million loyalty bonus. Never seen anything like it, I am guessing it's the agents way of saying 68k a week is pathetic lol.

Anyone seen a higher demand for loyalty bonus?

i had on my save as basingstoke last season a french regen who looked like he was gonna be a wonderkid asked me for £225k a week wages locked it at £100k which is ridiculus for 19 yr old kid and had the agent asked me for £54m loyalty fee so i eventually unlocked 100k offered him £125k a week and now he loyalty bonus is only 2million.

i think its one of 2 ways for the loyalty fee either saying wages are too low or that he really isnt that interested in joining the club (hoping you decide to move him on as if he askes for transfer he doesnt get his loyalty bonus imho i think he will flop for you hoping for a transfer and picking up £35m in the process)

if i see huge loyaly bonus unless they are brought up through my academy im not that interested. if they flop they dont wanna move on huge wages, losing the loyalty bonus

Pretty much although in light if the Tevez saga it looks like loyalty bonuses are forfeited the moment a player requests a move regardless of whether a transfer is actually completed, not sure if FM replicates this aspect.

never understood loyalty bonuses properly, is it what you pay the player if YOU as the manager want to sell them. If they request a move they dont get it?

yes basically if you dont have a player asking to be listed for transfer if an offer comes in or you offer to clubs the player his loyalty bonus will be payable but the amount depends on the amount and how far through the contract

eg

loyalty bonus 1million on a 4 year contract would be 250k

so if player x you want to sell in first year whole amount is due but if that changed to year 3 or 4 it would be 250k to 500k instead.

if player has asked for transfer then fee is forfeited and i have noticed that with a couple of my players. i always take note of the loyalty bonus as i play lower league management and if i get a so called star name for that league such as with basingstoke i got pablo counagio his loyalty bonus was 100k i was worried he was only coming for the money i think loyalty bonus is a double edged sword as the lower it is more chance player will want to move but its the same with huge sums of money as some players will sign not play or get homesick then want to leave leaving you to foot the bill.

on a side note i just explained all this to my mate. he brought in a german regen for free. he was at best rotation option and wont perform. if he was to sell him he loyalty bonus is £3 million so basically my mate will have to pay a net loss of 3 million to get rid.

Archived