Need a new game - ideas?

Don't do it yet,but when the last patch comes out do this:

Load all the swedish leagues.

Get a team from any of their second divisions.

Start building everything from scratch and make it your long-term save.

(Norway and Iceland work as well. Finland is bit too rich but could work as well)

The swedish and icelandic leagues have been the most fun I had until now and they always end up being my own long-term save.

Don't do it yet,but when the last patch comes out do this:

Load all the swedish leagues.

Get a team from any of their second divisions.

Start building everything from scratch and make it your long-term save.

(Norway and Iceland work as well. Finland is bit too rich but could work as well)

The swedish and icelandic leagues have been the most fun I had until now and they always end up being my own long-term save.

I see a lot of people going for Sweedish leagues, whats the big attraction? Why wait for the patch? and who are a good team to start with?

EDIT: Scratch question 2 I presume its because most bugs willl be fixed

You got the link for the CSE challenges page dude?

Go the the Football Manager Forums at the top of your page and scroll down to CSE. Alternatively, check out the Editor's Hideaway forum for some interesting custom databases (including my World League).

I see a lot of people going for Sweedish leagues, whats the big attraction? Why wait for the patch? and who are a good team to start with?

EDIT: Scratch question 2 I presume its because most bugs willl be fixed

Because the rules of most swedish leagues are almost completely stupid.

To get out of the second division you have to be first. Only first. Then in the First division Norst/South you have to be first to get an ensured promotion and the 2nd team plays a promotion play-off. And same goes for First Division Elite.

And even if you manage to get to the premier division,you will find yourself playing against teams like goteborg, Malmo FF and AIK and trust me,it's close to impossible to prepare for them in your first years in the premier.

Generally I find starting from a swedish second division as the most challenging path to go in scandinavia, but Norway and Iceland work just as much. Iceland is much more frustrating though because all of the clubs are semi-pro and simply refuse to upgrade to pro until they find themselves into the CL for like 3 years in a row.

Because the rules of most swedish leagues are almost completely stupid.

To get out of the second division you have to be first. Only first. Then in the First division Norst/South you have to be first to get an ensured promotion and the 2nd team plays a promotion play-off. And same goes for First Division Elite.

And even if you manage to get to the premier division,you will find yourself playing against teams like goteborg, Malmo FF and AIK and trust me,it's close to impossible to prepare for them in your first years in the premier.

Generally I find starting from a swedish second division as the most challenging path to go in scandinavia, but Norway and Iceland work just as much. Iceland is much more frustrating though because all of the clubs are semi-pro and simply refuse to upgrade to pro until they find themselves into the CL for like 3 years in a row.

I'll have a look after the patch :) sounds like a good idea and a lot of people seem to do it

The pentagon challenge is pretty much winning the league and the champions cup (or primary trophy) for a team in the 5 corners of the world (Europe, Asia, Africa etc.) and then go on to win the world cup with any country. You also have to start off unemployed with sunday league experience!

Archived