Selling your best player...

Im just wondering were everyone stands on this.

Ive just started a new game as Maccabi Haifa and im really enjoying it. The fact that you are only allowed 5 players who are not of Israeli nationallity really makes it interesting and difficult at the same time.

Ive just sold my right back to Beitar Jerusalem and im regretting it now... icon_confused.gificon_frown.gif

I set my asking price quite high after they made an enquiry and suprisingly they bid for him...so I duly accepted, but now I feel it was the

wrong decision and I should of rejected it. The only reason I let him go was because his agent said he would like to talk to Beitar and I feared he might spit his dummy out.

Where do you guys stand on this? Do you sometimes reluctantly let your best players go and try and get in a replacement or do you try and build a strong team and reject this policy?

Negotiating for a riduculously high sum of money is a way round the above (e.g. £40M)

I generally do sell my players though if it says they want to leave, I don't know why I just try to act like a manager the players would want to work for, it keeps morale up.

I mostly try and build, but if they're really determined, i let them go.

One bad egg spoils the whole bunch.

Of course, if it's an unreplaceable person like Ronaldo, i'd fight to the very end. And if the board ultimately overrule me or he whines so much that i HAVE to let him go, I would resign immediately.

It depends how much they whine, how much my other players like him, and what kind of cover I might have.

If the guy is the favored personnel of most of my other players and he really wants to go, I'll let him just to keep the team morale from tanking. Or, If he whines so much that his morale goes down as well as his form, he's got to go. Or, if I have been developing a youngster that is still a year or two away from contributing then I'll sell him and go ahead and give the youngster the experience (or find cheaper cover on the transfer market). If none of those things are true, then I'll fight like mad to keep the player with the full knowledge that the board will eventually overrule me.

Originally posted by Somerandomguy:

I'm in 2024 on my Chelsea game and sold many of my star player in the past. As long as you have a good scouting system you will always find someone as good to replace them (or occasionally even better)

The thing is im restricted to Israeli players...which sort of limits my options. Unless I sell one of my 5 foreign players, but at the moment there carrying the team.

If it's a Russian I'm very reluctant to let them go because I'm only allowed 5 foreigners in the Russian league.

If it's a foreigner I usually ask for two or three times his value and the interested club suddenly isn't interested anymore.

Archived