Strangest Position change you've seen?

Not by the AI, but I once retrained one of my youth strikers as a left-back. I initially wanted to retrain him as a left-winger as I had around 10 youth strikers and no left-wingers, but then I bought a left-winger and thought it would be a shame to waste his improved crossing and dribbling, so I retrained him to left-back for the lulz (he was never going to make it, anyway).

Around 10 years later, some Serie B side has bought him and he spends around a third of his time at left-back and the other two-thirds up front. :D He's not very good at either position, mind...

DC to ST isn't that dramatic, especially considering Samba has played up front a few times for Blackburn when they've been short. Those positions share some common important attributes, I'd be more surprised to see a full back become a striker or a winger converted to a DC.

I'm wary of doing this because I think I read somewhere that attributes drop, while the CA doesn't change, if a player has different positions. I'm not really sure if it's true, though. So you could turn a fairly good striker into a mediocre striker and a mediocre midfielder, for example. Perhaps natural versatility offsets this a bit.

I have had a handful of DCs who could play ST, mind you I don't see many of them as regens. I've never really used players in that fashion myself.

No I think it's more than that, Every attribute has weights according to position so when you train a player into another position certain attributes will cost more than before.

Not sure when it kicks in though. Probably nothing to worry about.

No I think it's more than that, Every attribute has weights according to position so when you train a player into another position certain attributes will cost more than before.

Not sure when it kicks in though. Probably nothing to worry about.

Although certain attributes will also cost less.

Archived