Question about Changing strategy mid match

When i change to a strategy (attacking , standard , counter etc..) mid match , does it matter if my team is trained in that strategy? For example ... none of my tactics use counter so its not trained at all under match preparation (the eight blue bars) , if i change to counter during a tough match to hang on , does it make a difference whether my team is trained in that strategy??

If it does make a diffrence it makes me wonder if the advantage of changing to counter to hang on is offset by the fact my team arent trained in it , and i might be better of just staying with a strategy the team is trained in.

Yes, it makes a difference. Each aspect of your strategy is seperate, though. If you just change a little ... say, from a 4-2-3-1 with CMs to a 4-1-2-2-1 with a DM and AMR and AML (i.e., move the AMC to DMC) and nothing else, you're team will adapt quite a bit better than if you are only trained in 4-4-2, wide, direct, fluid, and go to 5-3-1-1, narrow, short, rigid.

I match-prep 3 styles: attacking, neutral, and defensive, with 3 different formations. I can switch between any combination of the prepped formations and tactics I want during a game with no ill effect. My 4-3-3 can go Counter, Standard, or Control, and so can my 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-2-1. If I go defensive with the 4-1-2-2-1 and concede, I'll switch to the above 4-2-3-1 and go Control (which is prepped with 4-3-3) with little effect, since there's only the one position change difference from what I've prepped.

I had 3 formations , and 3 diffrent strategies similiar to yours , with the same ida as you , but as i mentioned in another thread , when i kept changing the strategy on my main formation (i.e from standard to counter) i found if none of my tactics were still training that strategy it would reset to not be trained on the 8 blue bars under match preparation. I'm confused how it works exactly , as ideally i want 3 tactics and 3 strategies and be able to switch strategy for each formation when needed.

Now i wait till the match has started and change it quickly.

Changing them outside the match will mess with it, for some reason. There have been seasons where I tweak and tweak all season long, and the team never becomes fully "versed" in any tactic. But that makes sense, I guess. If I don't keep consistant, the nuggets keep having to relearn what I want, don't they?

But in the match is where it really counts, and that's where it gets safely spread.

Archived