Negotiation breakdowns?

I am managing a team in the Swedish League that has a wageroll budget of 55,000 & current wageroll of 35,000. Plenty of room to work there, I would have thought.

Get an offer accepted for a crack (in this level) DC & expect he will be wanting something around 4/5000 wages. Enter negotaitions! Agent is asking me to make first offer. I put in key-man & when the wage drop-down appears the max. my board will allow is a measly 3,000, which the agent tells me to shove it, we are miles apart, no point is going on, etc. & that's that!

I have no other offers for players out there.

Why are the board so cheap? Why say the budget is 55,000 & not allow me to use even 25% of what is still oustanding?

Edit Transfer Budget.

Move slider all the way to the left.

Offer wages.

When accepted, the transfer will go through, you'll be asked to Adjust Budget again to make the transfer money available from the wage budget.

5000 p/w is close to 10 percent of your entire budget.

Even while still having room to operate, that is a lot to spend on one player. I couldn't come up with a rl example of a club spending 10 percent of all wages on just one guy. Also, you still have other options to please the player, maybe you can see if that will help you to get anywhere.

Eugene; thx for the tip.

Are you saying Edit the save with the Editor feature, or edit within the transfer operations?

You are talking about the slider for adjusting the transfer budgets in the board room? Move it (left) to all wageroll & no transfer fee, then move it back when deal with player is done? Not sure what you mean.

It's too late for the chap I wanted (his agent won't speak to me now) but don't want this BS to happen again.

Jayahr: understand what you're saying but I have just finished first season, exceeded board requirements by qualifying for Euro Cup & you have to start taking in better quality players sometime. I still maintain that if I have an o/s 20,000 budget I should be able to spend 25% of it on the sort of better quality player of the type I'm going to need to bring in next season.

Just edit the Transfer Budget in the game options - don't use an editor.

The Transfer Budget slider goes from the left to the right, the further to the Left the more cash you have for players - and less for buying players.

I did that Eugene! Still can't get this club to part with their cash to fund wages for new players.

I tried to buy a couple of good quality youngsters and couldn't even pay 2,600 for the first one; that's with 20,000 remaining on wage budget. Fiddling with add-ons I did manage to get him to accept a low wage deal but with other clubs in for him, it was not to be. He went to Scunthorpse in the end!

Since I'd had a few beers before playing I just gave the game up in a fit of pique! Dooohh! I always seem to pack in games following a beer session.

Archived