How do I sort my club's finances- Monaco

1st season at Monaco. We're £500,000 in the red, no saleable assets, no significant high earners(£15k is the highest). The squad is decent for Ligue 2, but I am expected to win the thing if I want to keep my job.

The issue is, I cannot see anyway of raising these finances. If I do win promotion, there will likely be no money to spend on transfers. So what can I do? Even getting free transfers is difficult due to the wage restrictions.

If you have to rebuild the squad while being on a budget, there is no alternative to selling some players and getting replacement who are better and cheaper.

Further money can be made only by achieving sporting success (especially promotion, of course) or by scrapping some expenses, e.g. for the youth setup, which may for Monaco however be too valuable to ditch.

When selling, look at who may bring or save you the most money and how much the loss of these players would hurt you, also considering the replacements you should be able to get.

When buying for fees, think of paying in 48 months instalments. This will however be a financial liability on the club in the future. If you win promotion, the TV money should pay for that, if you don't, you'll be fired anyway.

hth :)

check out rosenborgs U19 team, hpoefully your database will show up their players, you can sign Bakenga 55k (striker), Serge Gamwanya 11k (Defender/midfielder) and Christoffer Aasbak 11k (Left Back / Wing back),

might not look the best but they play well enough for me where-ever ive signed them, bakenga is defo good enough to play right away, scores for fun when i had him at malaga and everton.

with them being young, you should also be able to sell them on for a hefty profit in the future also.

another player worth buying is bandolovski from CSKA Sofia for 75k, wage shouldnt be any more than 18k p/w. plays right back or centre back, again you should be able to sell on for profit if you ever wanted to sell. prolly upwards of 2.5 to 5 million.

Soukouna on a free tranfer is worth buying, should score in lower league and possibly after season under his belt, he would score in french top division, had him at my Ross County Save, won first division and in the second season in the Scottish Premier League he had 24 goals in 16 game. (he did score 6 in one match though)

i think signing them players would help you out massively.

Monaco has always been a tough one, low crowds, is your biggest issue, even with success you wont get a huge crowd for home games, i did a Monaco/Lyon save with a mate a few years ago and it was impossible to keep up with him purely because of the money he had to spend every year and how little i had.

Wait for the patch. They got Russian money now.

Yeah, but I like the challenge of this one. Russian money would be fun too though.

Monaco has always been a tough one, low crowds, is your biggest issue, even with success you wont get a huge crowd for home games, i did a Monaco/Lyon save with a mate a few years ago and it was impossible to keep up with him purely because of the money he had to spend every year and how little i had.

The stadium is 18k, but I never get over 11k in the ground. Appalling.

I think that this might take 5 seasons or so.

If you fill the 18k stadium you will have done very very well, i never managed a single full house in 3 seasons, that included big european cup ties, i guess folk in monaco just dont care that much about football, but then if i was that rich i wouldnt care about much either! lol

Does any of you know if Monaco get any money (in FM) for hosting the european super cup each year?

Don't think so.

i started a monaco save last night, things are very very bleak!! but seems like a fun game so im going to give it a couple seasons.

Yeah, really. But it is fun trying to get them back to the top. However, the board will accept no less than 1st place. The squad is just about good enough.

my only signings are Jamil adam, Soukouna and Bandalovski and a couple of young Uruguayan players, seems to be a lower league untapped market,

released the loaned players because they were bleeding the team with their high wages. though i did sign Henri Saivet on loan whose on a high-ish wage but he should rip the league apart with his pace and skill.

only got 4 matches into the season after spening hours trawling for players. Soukouna has 2 goals in 4, and Adam has 4 goals in 3. lost in the cup first round, team just seemed to struggle but i think i can achieve promotion.

While you -can- spend 4x the transfer budget by using the 48 month method, this doesn't mean that you need to. If you have £1m in transfer budget, spend £2m over 48 months and leave the rest open. This way, transfers hardly put a strain on the economy both in the long term and short term.

Also, sign only players already on a lower wages than your team average and use bonuses of all kinds + release clauses to reduce the weekly wages. The option of spending lots of money on a single quality player is very rarely worth it as long as you are not a top top team. There should always be as good or better players as the most famous (and expensive) ones available edit: on the cheap for a team like Monaco.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started with Monaco, and I've noticed a bit of a problem. Even after selling off a few players and giving myself some cash, I can't even sign up a player on a free as the board has limited my max salary at 275 Euro. I have even gone in to the editor and given them loads of cash as an experiment, but again, even with 30m Euros in the bank and over 100,000 Euro available wage budget, I'm being limited to that 275 Euro salary.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix it?

I just started with Monaco, and I've noticed a bit of a problem. Even after selling off a few players and giving myself some cash, I can't even sign up a player on a free as the board has limited my max salary at 275 Euro. I have even gone in to the editor and given them loads of cash as an experiment, but again, even with 30m Euros in the bank and over 100,000 Euro available wage budget, I'm being limited to that 275 Euro salary.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix it?

Increase their reputation? I have never experienced this before, but if they respond to you wanting a higher wage budget by some "our standing" nonsense that should be the answer.

This is probably limited due to the small stadium. For example, when promoting a team with a small stadium, your wage and transfer budget will inevitably be limited even if you have a healthy bank balance. I had this Problem when i got promoted to PL with a small clubwith only 350 seats or something (the 3000 standing places were probably not allowed to use in PL). I had a lot of money in the bank, but the budgets were very limited.

Also, these things may probably also vary depending on the chairman or woman's financial or ambitional attributes.

I have not used the editor myself since CM0102, but you can experiment and see what the stadium size and expected attendancy does with your budget.

Archived