Reputation and Debt

hello , two random questions -

I need to get my reputation up, its regional at the moment. Is it dynamic, changing with a run of good or poor form, or is it something that gets adjusted once a year, or once a month? Really hope it changes regularly.

Debt - my board constantly keeps having to provide cash injections to help with the running costs, to keep the club afloat. Currently 300k in debt, in the lower leagues of Italy. Will the board ever get tired of doing this, it seems the game just does it to prevent teams going bust. If they are going to keep giving me money every other month, well lets just have it in advance, give me a transfer kitty, up the wage limit, and lets have a go at moving up the leagues, because your going to give the club the money anyway, why waste money treading water? lets just go for it, and if it goes wrong, we all go bust.

Reach for the stars goddammit!

cheers

The best way to increase reputation is by winning promotion or doing well in cups. Winning a few games isn't going to do much, it's more of a long-term thing.

As for your finances, you should note that these cash injections are sometimes just loans from the board and need to be paid back. You need to be very careful of overspending in the lower leagues, trim your squad as much as possible, sign players on frees and get players in on loan. If you get a good bid for your star player, sell him and use the money to invest in youth. Helping to balance the books will help you in the long run.

Yeah my wages are below the limit set, and I have never paid a fee for a player.

Im hoping that rep is a little more flexible than you suggest, would be more realistic. Roy hodgson for example, his rep went down very very fast at Liverpool, only to be restored in less than half a season at West Brom.

Andy Carrol, rep went from nowhere at Newcastle, half a dozen goals later his rep is through the roof, only to come crashing down in no time at all again at Liverpool.

Rep should be dynamic.

Reputation is dynamic, but for a club it takes longer to increase/decrease, which I think is fair. One club having a decent run of form in the league shouldn't suddenly become a world-class team, it takes time to earn reputation.

Not a clubs, rep, my rep.

Anyway, regarding the debt, I expect the situation to get worse, up until a set point, say 500k to 1mill of debt, then a new board will come in, clear the debt, maybe provide some transfer funds, and we will carry on.

No team is ever going to go bust in this game.

Sorry I assumed you meant the club. But I still think it's right that manager's rep doesn't change too quickly. Your example about the likes of Hodgson isn't exactly right. Sure, the public opinion of him went down quickly during his time at Anfield (in particular from us 'Pool fans) but everyone knows he is still a decent manager and he got a job with a club very similar to the one he had before that disastrous 6 months. These real life 'reputations' are mostly from what the newspapers say and bear very little relation to their actual ability.

Public opinion is the very definition of reputation I think. Old Roys rep was high and that landed him the Liverpool job. It went down again and he ended up with a job that he had before his rep went up.

I think you have described exactly how reputation works, and this should be how it works in the game.

I just hope its something that on this game changes regularly , and not at some set point once a year. Its something im going to keep an eye on , for sure.

Archived