Using Football Manager to get fit

I have recently started playing more games on extended highlights to better judge when to make the right shouts and tactic changes. This has brought me much better results but it has also meant I have a fair bit of time where I just watch the screen.

I thought the best thing to do would be to exercise during this time so I bought myself a powerball and dusted off the old weights hidden in the back of the wardrobe.

For the past few weeks I have been doing bicep curls, endurance runs on the powerball and other exercises I can do while watching the game. Its only a pity I don't have room for an exercise bike.

I also only have a 23inch monitor, if I had a big TV and the space my ideal would be to have an exercise bike with a keyboard and mouse taped to the handlebars so I can play FM while I cycle!

Has anyone else thought of doing this or does something similar? Or am I alone?

EDIT: I also do a lot of thinking about tactics, my databases and squad management while I go out on jogs.

I position my Wii board in front of the PC and step whilst watching the match, I also use weights at same time sometimes. I try to step during every other match.

Will occasionally jump on x-trainer, but its the other side of the room and facing the wrong way.

Voice recognition like on the kinect would be cool for exercising while FMing!

EDIT: I also do a lot of thinking about tactics, my databases and squad management while I go out on jogs.

I do that a lot when out on runs, it keeps my mind occupied and seems to make things go by quicker.

I bought a cheap wireless keyboard with touch pad for playing FM, would probably be easier than taping a keyboard/mouse combi onto your exercise apparatus of choice.

Archived