Something that has to be changed for FM 2013

In Norway, the clubs in the 2. and 3rd division and also some minor clubs in the 1. almost only pick up local players from their city or surrounding ones. In FM however, these clubs pick up players from all over Norway, which is a huge country, they all sign for those small clubs on amateur contracts, which is unrealistic, no player would move to a little place on an amateur contract. Also, players very rarely move far to sign a part-time or amateur contract, and if they do, they need a job besides the football. I would like to see a message like this appear: "Player A will not join your club because he couldn't find a job nearby your team's location".

I have always justified it to myself with little back stories for players.

Why don't you pretend you have an agreement with a local shop/factory/warehouse etc to offer your players jobs when they come to you?

That's what I do.

I do agree however that it is unrealistic, hence my need to invent back stories!

I try to invent stories like (if a old star from abroad signs with a small Norwegian team) that he has found a smokin' hot Norwegian blonde and has moved with her to that little Norwegian place....

Is that not working? Or do you get distracted by that? I would prefer a back story more around a job than some hot blond lady....

Archived